It's common on all forums - posts with a generic subject of "need help" or "what to do"....

You post to get response, assistance, communication. That can only occur if your post is actually READ. I don't have time to "mine" all posts with generic subjects to see if they are of interest or apply to me at all, so I never read them. I am guessing many others feel the same.

So please put your actual subject in the subject line - "My 8130 ate my cat!" "Will GPS find me a mate?" "Low memory problem and.... what was I saying?" "Pearl jumped into the pool, is that covered under warranty?"

Thanks in advance - that will help keeping these forums from being clogged up and help get you the advice you need.
    06-12-08 12:55 PM
    we should appoint you to be the united states president!
    06-12-08 12:56 PM
    It's common on all forums - posts with a generic subject of "need help" or "what to do"....

You post to get response, assistance, communication. That can only occur if your post is actually READ. I don't have time to "mine" all posts with generic subjects to see if they are of interest or apply to me at all, so I never read them. I am guessing many others feel the same.

So please put your actual subject in the subject line - "My 8130 ate my cat!" "Will GPS find me a mate?" "Low memory problem and.... what was I saying?" "Pearl jumped into the pool, is that covered under warranty?"

Thanks in advance - that will help keeping these forums from being clogged up and help get you the advice you need.
    I get your point. It's hard to help people when you dont know what they need help with and for sure, if I'm on the forum on my Pearl, I wont click on "help" links.
    06-12-08 01:19 PM
    If nominated I will run away, and if elected I will not be servile
    06-12-08 01:22 PM
    "Will GPS find me a mate?"
    Will it? I could use the help
    06-12-08 01:26 PM
    I also try to get the newbies' to use the "Search" tool as well....
    06-12-08 01:44 PM
    Very well put
    06-12-08 01:47 PM
    Yes i will have to remember that next time. NEBBIES
    06-12-08 02:43 PM
    From the "Posting Rules and Guidelines"

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    06-12-08 02:50 PM
    But sometimes with those same concise topics if they do a search they can also find the answers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 03:17 PM
    I feel a little de ja vu here.... This reminds me of a thread I once put up about people not really following the forum guidelines.. And let's just say, wow....
    06-12-08 03:25 PM
    I feel a little de ja vu here.... This reminds me of a thread I once put up about people not really following the forum guidelines.. And let's just say, wow....
    Most definitely.
    06-12-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD