Alright so I just received my new BlackBerry Pearl 8130 and I love it but there are some things that are frustrating me and I've tinked around with the phone plenty and have tried talking to Verizon but they can't seem to locate the problem and fix it.

1) when I get texts, the ringtone plays but the screen doesn't light up (just stays black) and there's no pop up. I have to go to the inbox. It's not a huge bother, and if there's nothing I can do about it that's fine. Just wonder if anyone has been able to figure it out...

2) when someone tries to call me my phone never rings. My text ringtone rings and notifies me of a missed call. Is there something I'm missing?
    I figured it out, since I had the do not disturb on yes obviously that's why calls weren't coming through. Exactly what it says, do not disturb...

3) when someone does call and I look in the call log it always says unknown caller, even when I have them in my address book
    Now for some reason my caller ID works now, ever since I turned off the do not disturb thing...

4) when I plug my phone into my computer with the USB, it charges (doesn't really show like most phones the battery will blink or the bars will move up and down, but I know it's charging because the bar does go up and also it has that little charge symbol). But when I plug it into the wall with the adapter it doesn't have the charging symbol and again it doesn't look like it's charging. Is there any reason it wouldn't? I guess I should just try it out sometime when my battery is low....

When I go to advanced for my profiles so I can set my ringtones for everything what does out of holster and in holster mean?
    Also at the bottom is says do not disturb and you can choose yes or no. I had it on yes, is that why possibly my phone won't ring?

Just to clarify I do live in an extended network and won't be able to get to a Verizon coverage area till tomorrow sometime. So I don't know if some of the stuff I'm having problems with is because I had to manually activate my phone and didn't do the *228 thing.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!
    Last edited by seakings; 02-02-08 at 04:46 PM.
    02-02-08 03:26 PM
    I have the same issue when it comes to receiving my text messages, not sure if it is supposed to light up....But under advanced profiles under ringtones, you can choose how you want your phone to ring inside or outside of your holster. Did your phone come with a holster/carrying case? And about the do not disturb thing, I think that may be the reason it doesn't ring, change it and see what happens...its all trial and error. This probably wasn't much of a help, its just advice from a newbie to another.
    02-02-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD