Hi,

So I read through a bunch of threads regarding clear protectors but still dont know which one to get.
    There are BodyGuardz, Zagg, BSE. If you know of any others please let me know.
    Now questions:
    Which one are you using?
    Do you like it or not?
    How much did you pay for it?
    Are they available at local retailers or online only?

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.
    03-31-09 10:58 AM
    I bought Ghost Armor for my Flip. While I liked the protection it provided, I didn't like the edges, which always seemed to collect dust. Also, the space between the screen and keys is VERY tight when the phone is closed - so close that the Ghost Armor was touching the keys near the top of the base and preventing the top from fully closing.

Whichever one you choose, be patient applying it.
    03-31-09 12:00 PM
    I bought Ghost Armor for my Flip....
    Same here. I took it off a couple of days later and now all I use is a BB OEM 8100 holster (pouch) or...I just go naked.
    03-31-09 12:05 PM
    I had a clear case and I ended up removing it because it was collecting dust and so I would have to clean the phone every other day or so. I even think the dust scratched my phone more than I would by normal use.
    03-31-09 12:52 PM
    i use BES.. its cheaper.. but again the edges area problem..
    03-31-09 01:14 PM
    I'm using screen armor by Clear Protector I got it off ebay for around 10 bucks with free shipping, if you don't have an ebay account you can buy it at clearprotector.com. I have had it on for 3 months now and so far so good, and its even thin enough that my flip fully closes.
    03-31-09 01:52 PM
    thanks for all the replies.
    I will definitely check out the clearprotector product.
    I saw a thread on here somewhere that referenced the youtube video with the BodyGuardz being applied to the flip. I remember the guy saying it was the best thing ever.
    Cannot find that thread now, though.
    anybody have any input on that stuff?
    03-31-09 04:15 PM
    I use the Smartphone Experts screen protectors, but I also have a black hard plastic case that I purchased on eBay to cover the whole unit. The SE screen protectors work OK, but just by itself I found lots of bubbles all over, and very difficult to get all out.
    03-31-09 05:47 PM
    i use BES.. its cheaper.. but again the edges area problem..
    did you experience the same problem with closing the flip that m00se mentioned?
    03-31-09 09:16 PM
    did you experience the same problem with closing the flip that m00se mentioned?
    nope. i didnt have that problem.. but i did notice however that due to the opening and closing of the flip.. the back side where the hinges rest near the top (of the batt cover) has indentations. its really not that bad though..

the only real problem i got is the edges startes to collect dust and stufff from being in my pocket. eventually i can see it start peeling but think only happens to the back and side pieces. the front stays on pretty good. maybe its cause i didn't wait the full 24 hour before using it.. i figured it was already dried after 4.. lol
    oh well i am gonna replace it with another one this week. (it was sent free from BSE i just emailed them i applied it wrong, which i did.. sorta (not waiting 24 hours)).
    04-01-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD