Over the past few weeks I have been having occasional problems with my new pearl. When you hit the send button it brings up a recent calls list which makes it easy to call people you frequently talk to. At least it did, now it erases itself almost constantly and it also erases a good chunk of messages. Is there any way to make my phone archive these things indefinitely? I have a 2 gb memory card so I can easily store these things I just don't know how to fix this problem.
    03-07-08 11:25 AM
    check your memory go to options>status>then you should see the memory left it should be 10 or above
    03-07-08 11:34 AM
    It sounds like low memory. Low device memory has nothing to do with your SD card...

Go to Options > Status - Tell us what 'File Free' reads.

Go to Options > Advanced > Applications and delete all that you don't use, delete old messages, move all media to your SD card.

That should help.

Adlen
    03-07-08 11:36 AM
    Yep, as mentioned, its a low memory issue darahdandoa. Do a few searches in this forum regarding topics related to Call Logs & Messages being erased. Its been discussed extensively with many instructions/suggestions for resolution.
    03-07-08 11:50 AM
    this is what i thought but its happened about 3 times now and every time it happens i check avail. memory and it is consistently above 12mb. i do a battery pull when it happens but that seems to be only a temporary fix. is there any way to actually do something semi-permanent so i dont have to do this bi-weekly?
    03-07-08 01:06 PM
    hey i did check my applications and got rid of a few things that i haven't been using so thank you very much for the helpful hints and i will def let you guys know if this happens again. You guys are great thanks much for the advice!!!!
    03-07-08 01:15 PM
    Contact whoever you got your BB off... that's all I can think of.
    03-07-08 01:16 PM
    And yes, we ARE great!
    03-07-08 01:17 PM
    SOMETIMES you have to do a battery pull (remove & reinstall) cause it will hold the memory used and won't let it go till you do this.... Have yet to find a true fix for that yet...
    03-07-08 01:18 PM
    it just seems silly that we must do these silly little things in order to keep our phone up and going. i almost cant wait for my phone to become self-aware so it can do these damn menial tasks by itself. lol. ohh those will be the days, when my blackberry will plug me into the wall and pull my battery when i get to frustrated. haha.
    03-07-08 03:14 PM
    thanks you all helped me too! it's frustrating trying to call a client back and your call log is empty
    04-09-08 03:53 PM
    I have the same thing happen to me, i'm thinking it is a bug. It most often happens when I go from making a call from my contacts to trying to make another call, kinda like the call log launches itself, and yes you do have to be paying attention or someone is getting a callback. It's not memory, I have 23Meg. It's not a battery pull, because I can make it happen. It's also no more than an annoyance and hopefully the next OS will catch it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD