I just got a blackberry pearl and i am having a problem.

When i connect it by usb, the Desktop manager recognizes the phone but I can't get it to show as a drive in MY COMPUTER.

I have plugged in a blackberry curve and theirs works fine, i have taken their media card and put it in my device and no luck.

Can someone help me out with this.

Thanks so much who ever can, i really appreciate it i have been going crazy trying to figure this out.
    02-21-08 02:04 PM
    Does the phone recognize your SD card? Do you have mass storage mode enabled?
    02-21-08 03:47 PM
    It does only when i take it out of the phone and insert it into my laptop sd card reader, i do have mass storage enabled i have rebooted the computer and the blackberry.

I have tried changing the drive letter and i have also tried uninstalling the usb device

nothing is working.

it only picks up my pnone through the BB desktop manager.
    02-21-08 03:52 PM
    i am having the same problem and started a new thread 8100, os ,but im not getting any were ive redone and done the os , the DM bought 3 cards 2 2gbsdmicro and a 4gb sdhc i really dont know but if i find out ill make sure to pass it over im not ready to give up and go back to my motorola sliver. but if you figure it out or iff an admin maybee help let me know . thanks and goo luck
    02-22-08 01:35 AM
    I'm having the same problem here. Mass storage is enabled, but cant see phone as a drive. Nor do I see my media card when I go through the Desktop manager.

I have the newer versions of OS and Desktop 4.3.

Phone is recognizing media card because I can access it.
    02-22-08 02:00 AM
    I know when I plug in my curve with the data cable I get an additional option under options->media card menu for enable usb support or something of that nature. Do you have that option as well? Then everytime I plug in with the usb data cable it sees it as a drive.
    02-22-08 03:29 AM
    mine is still doing the same thing ?? dowm gradeed to 4.2 DM still same
    dont know ??
    02-22-08 10:47 PM
    I am having a similar issue, when I go into my computer it does not recognize it either and when I go into my bb media manager my sd card does not show only my ringer, photos, music and video folders show up so I am not able to move anything over to the card on my media manager. I know the phone recognizes the card because I can move things into it via the bb itself. So I guess I am curious- what computer and os are you using on your pc? I have a HP running XP. I have E,G,H,I and J for removable drives but none of which are the media card.
    02-24-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD