I attempted a search for this but couldn't find anything matching my problem, apologies if it's been posted recently. Here it goes...

I have a 4 gb SanDisk Micro SDHC card that I originally purchased for more memory capacity. I wanted to use my Pearl as an mp3 player.

I put the teeny-tiny card in the adapter and into the SD slot on the pearl 8100, and was surprised when it wasn't recognized on my pearl. It says a "media card is not presently inserted in the device". I have reinserted it several times to no avail. Can someone please help me?
    08-11-08 12:40 AM
    Did you try it with your pc?
    My 1st one I had to format on my pc before my berry would recognize it.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 12:52 AM
    Format the card in your BB. Options > Media Card > Menu > Format card
    08-11-08 12:54 AM
    I went to an 8 gig in my pearl pulled out the 2 gig copied that to tge 8 put it in and that was it
    08-11-08 01:05 AM
    I love this site!! I have been reading some of the threads and I think my problem may be that I have a OS 4.2.0.71version. Let me know if this is the problem please. Should I upgrade?
    By the way, it never let me get as far as the option to format. it kept telling me there was no media card inserted.
    08-11-08 01:49 AM
    If it were me, I'd upgrade to 4.5 and be done with it. I'm using a 4gb card in mine.
    08-11-08 10:41 AM
    .......I think my problem may be that I have a OS 4.2.0.71version. Let me know if this is the problem please......
    Yes, that is the problem. 4.2 can't support micro SDHC cards. But if you upgrade to 4.5, you will be able to use up to 8GB micro SDHC cards.
    08-11-08 10:54 AM
    Isn't there a mass storage card option.

08-11-08 03:57 PM
    I have an 8gb card and the BB didnt recognize it. Naturally i plugged it into the PC and formatted it. Went to insert it back into the BB (Pearl) and still not recognized. Tried to go through the menu to format on the BB but no luck....Help Please!
    08-14-08 08:54 PM
    I have an 8gb card and the BB didnt recognize it. Naturally i plugged it into the PC and formatted it. Went to insert it back into the BB (Pearl) and still not recognized. Tried to go through the menu to format on the BB but no luck....Help Please!
    When you formatted in your pc, what was the file format you loaded?
    Fat32 is what you need.

08-15-08 12:42 AM
    where is the micro SD slot on the pearl. for some reason i can't seem to locate it.
    08-01-09 06:51 AM
    Which model Pearl do you have? For the 8100/8110 it's partially under the battery and above the SIM card. For the 8120/8130 it's a side slot.
    08-01-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD