I can receive and sen regular text messages just fine, but I cannot receive them with pictures attached. My daughter and I tested it out and they just dont come thru at all and no error messages on her end. I use Alltel. Could that be the problem or is there some setting I missed?
    05-25-08 06:37 PM
    Does your phone have a camera? (I'm on wap and cannot see your device.) Verizon phones without cameras do not have MMS and can neither send nor receive MMS messages. Could that be your problem as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 07:03 PM
    I don't think Altell supports MMS on the BB's. Their website will propably say so, or other CB users will know for sure.
    05-25-08 07:04 PM
    yes it does have a camera. I can see pictures just fine that I take with it. Hmm now that I'm playing with it I cant see where to insert a picture either. maybe its the service
    05-25-08 07:16 PM
    you cannot send a mms (text with a pic) via bb. you have to email it. i could receive them when i had alltel though
    05-25-08 07:21 PM
    hmm, i cant even receive them. bummer.
    05-25-08 07:25 PM
    If you use Search, you will usually find answers to your questions. Here is a thread on the subject:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/fix...93/index3.html
    Jeff, i'm new so dont laugh, but what's wap?
    We Verizon 8830 users feel your pain windrider86, they disabled us also!
    05-25-08 07:27 PM
    Alltel is just horrid. I called thier tech department last week as I couldnt make or receive any data what so ever , so the guy tells me your phone is bad you have to replace it. So I tell him the nearest Alltel store is 200 miles round trip for me. So he so kindly offred to send me a return label and then when they got the phone they would send me a new one. Wanna talk about being pissed when i drove the 200 miles and got to the store and told the guy there what was wrong. He looked at me and smiled, pushed a couple of buttons and it was fixed.
    When Alltel set up my phone they didnt set up both nam lines. That **** could have talked me thru it and saved me 200 miles and an empty pockebook from the gas I used.
    05-25-08 07:33 PM
    WAP stands for Wireless Application Protocol. I was using wap as shorthand to say I was responding using my 8830 via wapforums, which doesn't show one's device. As tyroni pointed out, 8830 users don't have mms either. That's why I immediately suspected you might have the same problem.

05-25-08 07:40 PM
    windrider, to expand on the subject, wap are websites that are designed for mobile devices and are not graphics heavy pages.
    That is why Jeff mentioned that he could not see what BB you had.
    When you access websites, you will find that ones that are not wap, will load slower and you may get error messages saying the page is unable load.

That is one thing about Verizon, they do have pretty decent CS from my experience with them!
    05-25-08 07:56 PM
    With Us Cellular you can't send photos via text (which is mms) you have to send and receive them via email.

05-27-08 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD