I bought an 8100 a few months ago for my daughter from E-Bay. I did not get the data plan for her and she pretty much has a glorified phone. she can talk, txt and send pictures. Last month I got my husband an I-phone which he cracked the screen and killed it. So we decided to get an 8100 for him also on e-bay. It came in the other day and he is able to make calls and send text messages but it will not let him send pictures messages to a phone number only to an email address. any help on this would be great. No i do not want a data plan yet. I have 5 phones on my plan and my bill is high enough. ;-)
    07-26-09 12:52 AM
    I know on ATT MMS is considered part of the Data Package. What it is on T-Mo I'm unsure of. Have you contacted them?
    07-26-09 12:58 AM
    Call T-Mobile and ask them about adding the BlackBerry Feature Enabler option to your account. If this is still available it allows you to send/receive MMS messages without a BlackBerry data plan. All it requires is that you have a text messaging plan.

Just remember that push email, BBM, most applications, etc. will not work without a data plan. But, if all the phone is being used for is calls and texting, then you don't need to even consider it.

I know on ATT MMS is considered part of the Data Package. What it is on T-Mo I'm unsure of. Have you contacted them?
    It is part of T-Mobile's text messaging plan, but it only works with the Blackberry Feature Enabler.
    07-26-09 03:24 AM
    Ah, thank you kaka. I remember something about that, and rumor that it would be ending. I'll be interested in the rest of this story.
    07-26-09 06:11 AM
    Call T-Mobile and ask them about adding the BlackBerry Feature Enabler option to your account. If this is still available it allows you to send/receive MMS messages without a BlackBerry data plan. All it requires is that you have a text messaging plan.

Just remember that push email, BBM, most applications, etc. will not work without a data plan. But, if all the phone is being used for is calls and texting, then you don't need to even consider it.

It is part of T-Mobile's text messaging plan, but it only works with the Blackberry Feature Enabler.

I already have unlimited text, pic message option from them...my daughters phone is ok but not my husbands
    07-26-09 09:58 AM
    Mkay, try this. Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Menu Key, Register Now. When you get the confirmation email, wait 60 seconds, pull the battery, wait 30 seconds and put it back in.
    07-26-09 10:37 AM
    ok i will try that. I have tried to install the CD to my computer today and there is a corrupted file. I have called paypal to put a dispute in so that I can return the phone. If I can get it working before that I will keep it. But right now ...no. I just bought an 8120 and it has not even come in yet. I pray it is not this much trouble
    07-26-09 11:15 AM
    CD for what laura? And excuse my nosiness, but you raising a small army, dropping them on highways or WTF to be purchasing that many?
    07-26-09 11:29 AM
    What OS is on the device?

If I remember correctly... Wasn't there an MMS restriction on older OS's, Wolf?

I already have unlimited text, pic message option from them...my daughters phone is ok but not my husbands
    I understand that, but for picture messaging to work on a T-Mobile Blackberry you either need the Blackberry Data Plan (which is seriously stupid for them to advertise picture messaging in the text message plan and it not really work), or have the Blackberry Feature Enabler added to the device. It is a free service so it won't cost you anything extra. I don't know if it is still available though, which is why you would need to call T-Mobile to find out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 01:52 PM
    There were some issues with old OS and MMS, that is true. Also every carrier has different size restrictions on MMS files, so that also could be an issue.
    07-26-09 02:13 PM
    CD for what laura? And excuse my nosiness, but you raising a small army, dropping them on highways or WTF to be purchasing that many?
    like the sarmy coment. :-). my daughter's phone died a few months ago and we were not eligble for an upgrade. same with our two phones. I have 5 phones on my plan. If I could get another 2 on I would.
    07-27-09 10:37 AM
    If the CD is for desktop manager, go to my guide at the top of this forum, it has everything you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:46 AM
    see my other post so I dont have to keep posting to two threads.
    07-27-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD