Ok so I was using my pearl normally, I had just finished sending a text. Then all of a sudden the screen kind of "dissolves" into blank white. I left it like that for about 15 seconds then decided to pull the battery. I did that, put the batt back in and the red LED lights up for about 3 seconds, turns off and nothing happens. My battery was at 75% charge when this happened so I know nothing is wrong with the battery. I then tried to plug it in to my computer to see if that would help. Did not turn on, computer does not recognize it, neither does blackberry desktop manager 5.0. I took the battery out, then plugged it back into the comp and left it for about 10 mins while I tried to look up solutions. The only sign of life was at this time when the screen was dimly light with a white screen and a battery symbol with a red line thru it. I thought oh ok it will work now. I disconnected it from the comp and put my battery in, but same deal. For the last hour I've tried many combinations of usb connect, taking out the battery, the sim, and the memory card, but to no avail. If I take out the battery and put it back in (and the red light turns on briefly), then plug my usb in while it's lit, it stays lit, but I don't know if that means anything. I've had issues with starting my phone up after i've let it completely die, but this is new. I have OS 4.5 on it, and just today installed BBM 5.0. I'm not sure if that is what caused it, but I had the new BBM work for well over 10 hours with no issues.

I would re-install the OS but I can't get DM to recognize it. I'm frustrated and don't know what to do, please somebody help.
    10-15-09 01:15 AM
    I plugged it into the wall charger for about 5 mins then unplugged it. Removed the battery and put it back in. It started and I thought all was well. I sent a text and message on BBM. Plugged it into the usb to let it charge and checked it again 5 mins later, it was off and couldnt get it to turn back on.
    10-15-09 03:48 AM
    Most likely, and hopefully a battery problem. Certainly worth a try first.
    10-15-09 04:11 AM
    Even if it is a battery problem, shouldn't it still work when plugged in/charging? I've tried doing that with and without the battery, but nothing.
    10-15-09 04:22 AM
    The led will light, and you'll get the screen with the battery and slash, but with a bad/missing battery, no matter what you plug it into, it's not going to work.
    10-15-09 04:27 AM
    I'll try a different battery tomorrow. but if that fails, what would my options be?
    10-15-09 04:30 AM
    10-15-09 04:59 AM
    Let it charge for a half hour. THe red slash is either a dead battery or a failed battery. 30 min of charging will tell you which it is.

5 minutes is not enough.
    10-15-09 05:03 AM
    The battery was at 90% when it turned on briefly. The symbol came on when it was connected to my computer with no battery in it. I cannot go thru the 101 procedure because the computer does not recognize it all, and so I cannot select the port.
    10-15-09 01:41 PM
    I left it overnight just sitting disassembled. Put it back together with the same problem.
    10-15-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD