i got the 8120 about a week ago, and i cant put the 1 gb micro sd card from my 8100 in the phone without my 8120 restarting as soon as it reboots. so i got a brand new 2 gb mircro sd card, and when i tried to transfer the files i got the same problem. however when i take them off it works fine. anyone else having this problem?
    04-21-08 12:39 PM
    does it continually restart or just once?
    04-21-08 12:45 PM
    So the new card you bought, works, so long as you don't have the transferred files on it? I would think that there is a file or files on there that are corrupt.
    04-21-08 12:48 PM
    yeah idk. the new card works, just as long as i dont put any of the files that i had on my 8100 onto the new one. i can take pics with the new phone and they stay on the new card jsut fine without making the phone reset. and yeah, it continuously resets. it will get to the home page and then do a hard reset. the blackberry customer care people dont seem to know whats causing it
    04-21-08 02:43 PM
    I had the same problem with my new 8120. A couple of things seemed to work for me. First I made sure to format the card in the phone, then don't copy all of the directory structure from your old phone. Just copy the files into the directories created on the new card. The other thing I had was a corrupted picture from my old phone that caused the problem. Whenever I went into the Media player and selected pictures it would reboot or it would reboot randomly. I could see the bad picture in Windows explorer and I just deleted it. Otherwise you may have to move files back in small groups to see if there is a bad file. Hope some of this might help.
    04-21-08 03:38 PM
    Logically it has to be a file or files on the media card that is causing the problem. Just don't copy your old stuff over.
    04-21-08 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD