Every couple of hours it will do it, it's odd. The red light goes solid and then it turns off and restarts.. suggestions?

Thanks!!
    08-10-08 06:47 AM
    Every couple of hours it will do it, it's odd. The red light goes solid and then it turns off and restarts.. suggestions?

Thanks!!
    Not sure, have you checked your available memory???
    08-10-08 07:21 AM
    Have you tried removing the battery with the device on? If not do that and replace it after 30 seconds.

Then do as Taegus suggested and check your File Free memory: Options > Status

If it is less than 12 000 000 bytes, you are low on memory and need to manage your memory on the device to free some of it up for the device to operate efficiently. Read through Stoner's guide and at least do the simple items.

Stoner's Memory Guide
    08-10-08 08:22 AM
    How's the fone coverage in your area?

Could also be a faulty BB.
    Normally a BB wount be turning off tht way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 09:19 AM
    Sounds like your handset may be defective
    08-10-08 09:48 AM
    When I called AT&T to send me another one, they wanted to charge my credit card for the other one until they receive my old one. Is that right? TMO nor Verizon ever asked me to do that when having to replace a phone.. it made me mad.. but before I go through all of that trouble is there maybe a way to fix this? Maybe update the software? How would I go about that? I'm checking the free memory right now.

Edit: I have plenty of free space.
    Last edited by blindelation; 08-15-08 at 05:39 AM. Reason: To update.
    08-15-08 05:38 AM
    I have the same problem with my pearl and this one is the replacement pearl to my last one.
    *|MicHaeL ShaYnE|*

08-15-08 08:44 AM
    I have the same problem with my pearl and this one is the replacement pearl to my last one.
    *|MicHaeL ShaYnE|*

Did they make you pay for the new one temporarily til they received your old one back? That's the biggest bag of bull **** i've ever heard.
    08-15-08 06:13 PM
    Mine does the same thing....haven't tried contacting Rogers yet (in Canada) but it seems like it's a model fault, not just me!
    06-01-09 06:53 AM
    that is exactly what my pearl does. screen goes blank and red LED turns on then my phone reboots (white screen for about 45 seconds).
    I think mine may be from water damage tho.
    06-01-09 07:47 AM
    *|MicHaeL ShaYnE|*

About a month and a half ago, my precious *Pearl* was stolen after I left stupidly left it on a counter for less than 5 minutes. Anyway, I am currently on my 3rd replacement...the first two would shut off randomly, tell me that media card had been removed (FUNNY THING IS: I don't have a media card!), stopped making phone calls, but would still allow texts and any internet access as long as I had a signal. I got the 3rd replacement on Saturday...I am hoping that this is the one...actually, if this is not the one, I believe I will be shopping for something new - this refurb crap is for the birds!!!
    06-01-09 01:52 PM
    Mine shuts off in the same fashion, i used to think it was just random, but it now seems to do it when other people send me MMS mesages, they are on Verizon and i'm on ATT, There's a lot of differences for me to start blaming the phone, though i'm pretty close.
    06-01-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD