Hi guys as a new blackberry user i updated my phone via installing a new software which was upto date from the blackberry website, during that time i did not take out my battery or sim card, anyhows afterwards i then with the blackberry desktop manager, backed up the phone as that it was my first time using the blackberry with the desktop softare, after the instalation of the new software which took about 20 minutes, i realised afterwards that all my phone messages were deleted(basicly all the incoming and outgoing text messages), my question is is there a way to get all my old messages back, these messages where not stored on the sim card itself but on the phone-if i restore the phone to the previous running software will that bring it back?

can someone please help?
    07-30-09 06:57 AM
    I don't believe it will. I have only done a phone restore once and it brought the phone back to factory settings. I then sync'd it with desktop manager which brought in all my contacts, emails, etc, but not any sent/received texts. I'm not sure but there is probably an app somewhere that will save and restore texts mssgs. Not that it helps you now, but maybe in the future.
    07-30-09 07:02 AM
    so there is no way that i can get back all the old text messages that were on my phone, is there a way to store them from now on?
    07-30-09 07:03 AM
    If in fact you did have Desktop Manager do a back up, then hook your Pearl up to your PC again, open Desktop Manager, and go to Backup/Restore. Choose restore, select the latest back up, which I presume there's only one of and it will put back what is now gone. I recommend you back up at least once a week, and synchronize your address book and calendar with Outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:09 AM
    what i meant by my post was that is there a way that i can restore the previous messages that i had stored on my phone, as that after the software update all my old messages were gone?
    07-30-09 05:23 PM
    I Just Did A Backup And Restore-now Its Done The Same Thing Again, All Of Todays Messages Have Been Deleted-is There A Way To Choose What To Back Up And Sync?i Am So Angry And Upset Twice In One Day...
    07-30-09 07:01 PM
    yes, before you have it do anything, go into options and set it up to your liking. There are several choices, depending on your needs.

07-30-09 07:14 PM
    how do i choose theses choices and also how do i transfer my phonebook details to e.g my computer or store it on an external email address..
    07-31-09 06:32 AM

07-31-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD