I have the pearl 3G and the keyboard layout changed without my consent!

I woke up sunday and my phone thinks it's an old style phone. the 2/TY button is now the letters abc, 3/UI button is now the letters d e f , 4/DF button is now g h i, 5/GH is now j k l and so on...... the alt key is now the delete button the symbol key still works and enter button works as well. The QW, AS, ZX, OP, L and delete button are all non responsive. I can switch from multitap to suretype without problems but how did I change my keyboard layout to this???? HELP please!
    01-24-12 12:34 AM
    did you tried with hard reset? you may also try to wipe and restore the os
    01-24-12 12:39 AM
    I was hoping to avoid re installing the OS it seems too complicated....

How would I go about doing a hard reset?
    01-24-12 07:29 AM
    Out of the blue my phone fixed itself..... apparently it's got a mind of its own
    01-24-12 10:34 AM
    gr8 ..... think it was a software glitch
    01-25-12 07:27 AM
    My phone just started doing this today...i can't fix it and have no idea what to do...im just waiting for it to die and maybe it will reset its self. cuz turing it off and on isn't changing anything and before it would work....turning it off and on. sigh i dont know what to do...
    05-13-12 12:05 AM
    i just got this problem and just did a hard reset and its still stuck in the stupid old typing mode...so how would i restore OS On it?
    05-13-12 12:55 AM
    Jade, did you have any luck with this? I am just wondering if there's like a secret key sequence to change the keyboard layout or something.
    07-11-12 07:25 PM
    Jade, did you have any luck with this? I am just wondering if there's like a secret key sequence to change the keyboard layout or something.
    i didn't find anything...sadly...now the phone is just sitting in my dresser sigh....
    07-16-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD