I had my phone in me chest pocket at work and heard it dialing a number. I pulled it out and hit the kill switch (red button) and the damn thing wouldn't hang up. I did a battery pull.

I get it back up and running, lay it on the computer at work and I get two phone calls. Neither one of them will answer because the green key is dead.

I yank the battery again and come home. Once home, I break out the magic torx driver and tear it down to check for foreign material. I find nothing.

I put it back together. The "back" return key next to the track ball works when it wants to. If I go into options, it immediately bites it, and every time I hit the key, it shows the "shift" arrow in the upper right hand corner.
    If i'm on the apps menu, and hit the back key, it shows the icon for the shift.

I deleted all of my photos. I restored it to the backup file right after I loaded 4.5 and blingball. (new version of blingball.... 4.5 compatible)

I can't find the screen where it let me asign the quick keys on the side of the phone.

If I start to type in a phone number from the home screen using one two or three, it won't enter a number. if I use another number to get the dial menu up, and then hit one of those three numbers It brings up the menu.

Totally pissed. I'm going to look for the master clear.

Kyle
    04-30-09 02:20 AM
    Hopefully it's a software issue, and using the upgrade guide stickied to the top of the forum will restore your berry to full function. If not, you'll want to replace the membrane under your keypad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 05:32 AM
    That sounds a lot like water damage though for your sake I hope not. I would do as BBW suggested and go with a software upgrade.
    04-30-09 08:27 AM
    The phone was in my pocket all afternoon? Shouldn't have sweat enough to kill it.

After leaving it on- on my night stand all night, it seems to function normally this morning.

I have The .110 O.S. What did the .120 revision do?

Where can I get the membrane, and how hard is it to install? Is it adhesive backed? My #1 key has gotten stubborn in the last month or so. I can't imagine it caused all of these symptoms though.

Thank you
    04-30-09 02:12 PM
    Really won't notice a difference between versions other than less memory leak. The main reason for upgrading would be to eliminate a corupt OS from the equasion. As far as the keypad, mine acts up about once a week I I take it apart, re-align it and put it back together. If you need to replace the membrane, they're available in eBay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD