I have At&t, and I'm trying to figure out how to enable multimedia messaging/internet use on my phone.
    On the company's website, here's what I'm looking at:

BlackBerry� Personal
    Unlimited data usage for your BlackBerry
    Monthly Price $30.00

BlackBerry� Personal Bundle
    Unlimited data usage for your BlackBerry, plus unlimited messaging
    Monthly Price $50.00

BlackBerry� Personal with tethering
    5 GB data usage for your BlackBerry, with tethering
    Monthly price $60.00

Does anyone have one of these packages/know how they work
    and want to explain them to me?!
    The descriptions don't make sense to me, and
    It being Sunday, everything's closed earlier and I'm too eager to wait until morning to figure out how these packages work!

Thanks
    05-18-08 09:52 PM
    Tethering means using your blackberry as a modem also.

Here is the deal I just went through this last week.

I got the personal due to already having two lines and unlimited SMS between the two lines.

With the Personal bundle you will have everything you need. Unlimited data and MMS and SMS messaging. You get the email and all that jazz too, just not the option to use the phone as a modem.

When you call have your IMEI ready to give them and then ask to be transferred to the data plan blackberry guys, they will set up your blackberry account, pushing service books etc.

Takes a little bit, I did it through support online and I was up and going in about 40 minutes.

Good luck.
    05-18-08 10:24 PM
    so if i already have unlimited texting, should i just get the personal plan?
    05-18-08 11:19 PM
    I forget how much unlimited texting is for one line, I think it's cheaper with one line to get the bundle.
    05-18-08 11:23 PM
    It ends up being the same price, getting the bundle or getting unlimited messaging and bb personal unlimited.

or, actually, i think you save 1 penny doing it separate, lol
    05-18-08 11:26 PM
    well, there are 4 other phones on my plan, and we all have unlimited texting.
    so i guess my question is, does the personal plan (the cheapest one) include interenet & mms also? or is it just texting or whaat? i'm getting confused, sorry!
    05-18-08 11:30 PM
    If you have the unlimited family messaging, then the plan you need to get is the $30 BlackBerry Personal.
    That includes internet, and the access to MMS.

Unfortunately, the berry doesn't use data like all the other internet phones, it has to go through RIM servers, and MMS is sent as data, thats why the family unlimited messaging doesnt cover the Pearl for MMS, although it covers all other phones for it.

In conclusion, you need to get the $30 BlackBerry Personal plan, and it will send MMS SMS vid messages, email and phone.

thats how i have my 8310 Curve setup.

Also, there is a semi-new messaging plan, its called family unlimited messaging. It's Also $30, and is unlimited messaging for the family plan. It sounds like what you have, but if not, look into it.
    05-18-08 11:35 PM
    Thanks !
    05-18-08 11:46 PM
    What he said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD