This certainly isn't an isolated incident, I've found, with the constant lack of a signal. Seeing as how there are many, many threads on many, many forums about this same problem, and NONE of them have a definitive answer, the only thing I've concluded is that it's a problem with the OS. Carrier-specific discussions all seem to blame said carrier, but, somehow, I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that there's been a problem with T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T ever since this version of the Blackberry OS was released.

As someone with a grand total of two days worth of Blackberry experience, I was wondering if someone could help me or point me in the direction of help with rolling back my T-Mobile to the previous version of the OS.
    11-10-07 03:48 AM
    1. Find the previous version of the OS (might be the hardest part)
    2. Install it on your pc
    3. Delete the vendo file (it's here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader - you'll have to have your Windows folders set to show ALL files / folders!)
    4. Connect your BlackBerry to your pc
    5. Open Desktop Manager (should have this installed from the offset)
    6. It will see the device, act as if it's new and ask you do you want to install / update, etc, etc...
    11-10-07 05:40 AM
    OK, I appreciate the help, but that wasn't the best idea I've ever had. Maybe I did it wrong, but, regardless of whether or not I deleted the vendor file, and the OSes I downloaded were both branded T-Mobile, my Blackberry wanted to connect to Cingular, or it found no network at all. So, I'm back to 4.2.1.107, and the sporadic connection. Blackberry just says I'm roaming, which I'm not, and T-Mobile, when they reply, will probably just tell me that my handset is busted. I'm officially stumped.
    11-11-07 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD