Hey,

I was hoping to get some sort of consensus if this problem is common, and a possible fix, before I go hassling my Carrier's support who are incompetent at the best of times.

I have a Blackberry pearl, for about 5 months now. My issue is that after my Pearl turns on, it goes through its normal pro-longed boot up process, and finally gets to the enter PIN code screen for the SIM card, it wont accept any input, and after about 5 seconds, the screen powers off, with no way to turn it back on again, so you could say it wont respond when i press any keys. The only way to get it to come back to a lighted screen is by plugging in the charger, but this will only power the screen on for about 5 seconds before it goes blank again, and it still wont accept any input, pull the charger out, same things happens, and it goes on.

I've pulled the battery out, tried with SIM, without SIM, the same issues persists. I remember I had a similar issue about a month ago, but after like the 8th reset, it magically accepted input again. I'm getting impatient and don't want to be without my Pearl for another 2 weeks (a few weeks ago I had to order a new trackball), and really don't want to go back to my Samsung D600.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue, or perhaps it's something that I should just let my Carrier know about and get a new phone? It'll get me a trackball that clicks again, a screen minus a few minor scratches e.t.c.

Could someone point me in the right direction ?

Cheers,

Neil
    Last edited by randomramble; 10-19-07 at 09:16 PM.
    10-19-07 09:04 PM
    Random- If you have done a hard reset and it still doesnt work there is really nothing else you can do! A hard reset is supposed to reset your phone to the factory defaults so if that didnt work there is not much you can do!!
    10-19-07 09:10 PM
    I'm not sure if I've done a Hard Reset as such, (thats through options e.t.c.?) Although I don't really want to wipe my settings or emails or any of that, I just want my phone working.

Also, after trying to get it work again and again I've concluded it just wont respond to any keypad input. Any related issues that could help address the problem?

Btw, thanks for your prompt reply!

Cheers,

Neil
    10-19-07 09:16 PM
    I've subsequently switched to my old D600 for now, although having heavy BB withdrawal systems. I've also backed up all data to desktop manager and also removed some apps off my phone, thinking it could be the cause...Nothing..

Strange behaviour from my Pearl though, sometimes, such as just now, it will begin typing random letters, mostly q's, p's and w's on the screen without any input or prompting, and will freeze in this state of self typing until you take the battery out. Perhaps I should send this one back?:P

Cheers,

Neil
    10-19-07 11:13 PM
    try pressing alt or space
    10-23-07 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD