hey everyone!

im looking to get a blackberry but im unsure if i should get the pearl or not?! Im a student, so i want something that is small, like the pearl, but im not sure if i should wait for one of the new blackberries that are coming out!

Thanks
    07-24-08 09:03 PM
    The Pearl is a good device. My wife has one and loves it.
    07-24-08 09:05 PM
    If a small device is what you are looking for, you won't get smaller than the pearl. Its a great phone, you won't regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 09:05 PM
    You should get a curve. Honestly they are less than a half inch wider and the same length. They are just perfect!!! You will not regret it I promise. But trust me the curve is so much better than the pearl

07-24-08 09:08 PM
    I would get the Pearl. I'm getting the Pearl 8130 very soon. It's small and very nice looking. I am sort of nervous about learning the SureType thing, but I'm SURE i'll catch on.
    07-24-08 09:22 PM
    At first I was convinced on getting the pearl, but ive been looking on this site for about a month now and im starting to lean towards the curve! Ugh im so confused
    07-24-08 09:24 PM
    I would get the Pearl. I'm getting the Pearl 8130 very soon. It's small and very nice looking. I am sort of nervous about learning the SureType thing, but I'm SURE i'll catch on.
    Don't worry! Suretype is the easiest thing ever.
    07-24-08 09:31 PM
    It took me maybe half an hour to adjust to SureType! It will come as natural as your bowel movements! Ok maybe not that natural. Get a pearl, you will love it!
    07-24-08 09:42 PM
    i love the suretype it catches all my misspell words.
    07-24-08 10:13 PM
    hey everyone!

im looking to get a blackberry but im unsure if i should get the pearl or not?! Im a student, so i want something that is small, like the pearl, but im not sure if i should wait for one of the new blackberries that are coming out!

Thanks
    I am a nurse and a student (Bachelor's). I love my Pearl. It does everything that I need it to.

07-24-08 10:14 PM
    It took me maybe half an hour to adjust to SureType! It will come as natural as your bowel movements! Ok maybe not that natural. Get a pearl, you will love it!
    thats a unusual way of putting it.
    07-24-08 10:15 PM
    I am a nurse and a student (Bachelor's). I love my Pearl. It does everything that I need it to.

your profile said t-mobile and a pearl 8130 i thought that t-mobile was all gsm ? the 8130 is cdma.
    07-24-08 10:18 PM
    your profile said t mobile and a pearl 8130 i thought that t mobile was all gsm ?
    I have no clue what you're talking about. ??? Fill me in some more. Please!
    07-24-08 10:19 PM
    your profile said t-mobile and a pearl 8130 i thought that t-mobile was all gsm ? the 8130 is cdma.
    I just noticed that I put 8130. LOL!

OOPS!
    07-24-08 10:23 PM
    I have a Pearl but you know... am left wanting the one Lewis Hamilton has ! Awk the Pearl does the job but just imagine the keypad on the bigger modelss ooooooo
    07-24-08 10:39 PM
    you are not the only one i wish i would of learned SURETYPE when i had my 7100i in a way i nervous about learning SURETYPE i haven't received my 8120 yet i would of liked to have purchased the curve but can't afford it though. so i'm going to make do with what i have as long as it's a blackberry. if you like the pearl get the pearl.
    Last edited by cinnamin; 07-24-08 at 11:49 PM.
    07-24-08 11:47 PM
    At first I was convinced on getting the pearl, but ive been looking on this site for about a month now and im starting to lean towards the curve! Ugh im so confused
    Don't be confused. Just know that the Curve is legit and way cooler!
    07-24-08 11:49 PM
    If you're looking for the smallest, most phone like Blackberry out there, the Pearl is it. You could wait for the Kickstart, but who knows how far away that is on CDMA.
    07-25-08 12:00 AM
    Whats the difference between BES and BIS
    07-25-08 10:36 AM
    BES is enterprise so you will get it from work and be able to sync work email and such and BIS is blackberry internet service which is what you get as your data plan and I got a pearl and the sure type is easy money didn't take long to get used to it there's nothing to learn and since I used to use T9 on my moto it was almost a smooth transition but this is way easier and faster

07-25-08 12:12 PM
    same reason i got the Pearl....
    get it and you want be disappointed but the suretype is a learning curve...
    even full qwerty is a learning curve....
    07-25-08 12:19 PM
    Thanks bro, I'll be able to learn
    07-25-08 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD