Hi guys.
    My Verizon upgrade is available March 24th and I'm going to get a Pearl or Curve (I guess Verizon is getting that in March or April).
    I looked at both in person and my main need is being able to read my email on the go. I really won't be emailing that much from the BB, just reading them with it.
    After playing with both, I really love the size of the Pearl compared to the Curve.
    For what I'm looking for, do you agree that the Pearl is the better choice of the 2?
    - Dave
    02-25-08 07:45 AM
    They both will do the same thing. And since you played with them both, as you saw the difference was full qwerty keyboard vs the Pearl's SureType (which is easy to use) and the screen size. But from what you are saying that you need either one for, I think you already made up your mind based on size.
    02-25-08 07:50 AM
    You really need to decide which form factor fits you the best. A lot of vzw people would jump all over the curve if-when its released. That said. I'm really starting to love my pearl and its small size more and more. But if you have big meaty paws... You may fat finger the pearl a lot. I have average to large hands and I wrong key on occasion ... But you do get used to it. I am much faster now than a few months ago...
    Try to type out a few quick messages and are how each feels at the store.

-db
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 07:51 AM
    love my pearl, what can i say? i don't think i would switch to the curve, given the choice. this thing can do everything and it's a great size, too. either way, you'll be happy. good luck

btw - i really like suretype.
    02-25-08 07:58 AM
    If you are tired of the one thumb texting? You should get the curve. And also it just feels better in my hands... Mind you, I have tiny hands. But the curve works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 07:58 AM
    Hi guys.
    My Verizon upgrade is available March 24th and I'm going to get a Pearl or Curve (I guess Verizon is getting that in March or April).
    I looked at both in person and my main need is being able to read my email on the go. I really won't be emailing that much from the BB, just reading them with it.
    After playing with both, I really love the size of the Pearl compared to the Curve.
    For what I'm looking for, do you agree that the Pearl is the better choice of the 2?
    - Dave
    I think you might be surprised at how much you will email once you get the hang of it......so go with the one that "feels" right to you. For me, the Pearl works just fine. I've played with other people's Curves and the keys are just too small for me.
    02-25-08 08:13 AM
    I love the size of the Pearl. It does everything the Curve does but still fits in my pocket.
    02-25-08 08:20 AM
    I'd say the pearl,it does everything you could possibly want and its a good size, the sure type is really easy to get used to too
    02-25-08 08:53 PM
    3rd Day with the Pearl and i Love it. I would definately go with the Pearl. The curve is just to large and feels to much like my old Treo for me!

ShermanJames
    02-25-08 11:36 PM
    I love my Pearl... I'm pretty sure if I played with the Curve enough I might like that too.

Get the Pearl :]
    02-26-08 01:06 AM
    I love my curve!! But depending on size the pearl may be better for you.
    02-26-08 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD