I bought an 8110 from a friend who had previously activated and used it on the AT&T network. I was able to unlock it and am now using it on the T-mobile network. I have two problems.

(1) I cannot set up a personal email account. The email set-up on the blackberry only gives me the option of setting up a Blackberry enterprise account. If i go through T-mobile I am able to set up an account at tmo.blackberry.net (I have done this and have forwarded my gmail to this account so I'm now able to read and respond to email but again, its not directly through gmail). Furthermore, when I try to add my personal gmail account through my.tmobile it does not process. Clicking the "next" button on the "add personal email" does nothing.

(2) Their is no browser on the phone after unlocking.

Further comment. I've only added the $9.99/month email service and don't really want to use the internet. I assume this precludes me from using the IMAP gmail interface. Regardless, I dont have access to a browser.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    11-10-08 12:57 PM
    login to my tmobile.com and resend your service books. it is under email options and also go to options/advanced options/host routing table hit the menu button then register now
    11-10-08 01:20 PM
    I still have the same problem. No way to add personal email from the Pearl and my.tmobile is still unresponsive when I try to add an email address via the site..
    11-10-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD