So tonight at a dance party, I was dancing and my phone fell out of my pocket. One I went to pick it up, the screen was stuck in a all white screen and I couldn't do anything with it, like turn it off nothing work. I pulled the battery in hopes that by doing so it would reset it, no luck it would just turn on back to the blank white screen. Can anyone help me out?
    03-01-08 02:29 AM
    so now the screen isnt working at all. I pulled the battery and left it out for a while and put it back in. and it turned on, i know it turned on cause i was able to sync it to my pc but i cant see anything on the phone... does this mean that the phone's screen is dead?

gah
    03-01-08 02:57 AM
    yo i just got my pearl yesterday and it was working fine then wen i woke up it wont turn on the screen is just black and the top keeps on flashing red wat do i do?
    03-03-08 06:11 PM
    phys-

you may need to take that in for service if the screen wont show anything...

-db
    03-03-08 06:14 PM
    tru but wat does the red flashing light mean

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 06:41 PM
    Samething happened to me with my pearl too.The blank white screen after trying to download something. I had to have the phone replaced. Luckily the phone was on warranty. You might check with your carrier.

03-03-08 06:52 PM
    Samething happened to my Pearl after trying a download. Screen stayed white and couldn't retrieve anything. The carrier ended up replacing the phone which was still on warranty. Check with your carrier.

03-03-08 06:57 PM
    any other new how to fix this problem

03-03-08 06:59 PM
    any other people know how to fix this problem

03-03-08 07:05 PM
    Hm, I bought my Pearl back in August on ebay so I really can't get a new one through warranty with my carrier. I've got a replacement phone for now... it's no blackberry so I'm having withdrawals lol. I guess I'll get a new blackberrry soon, maybe the 8820 Curve with wi-fi, but I'll wait a little bit and hope for a price dip because I'd be buying it without a contract cause I'm already on one.

Thanks for the responses though.
    03-05-08 01:22 AM
    you can try to wipe and reload the OS, and see if that helps, or take the case apart and see if there is something simple loose that you can replace..
    03-05-08 01:25 AM
    it's really annoying to get the blank white screen. dropping it does it, but before i ever dropped it i used to (and still do) get the white screen if i had a call then and then there's an incoming call that I try to answer right before it turns into a missed call - then everything blanks out, as if it can't handle all that activity. the battery removal works sometimes but when you put it back in it's still blank, i get a message that says "reset" and i click on that, it takes like 15 minutes but eventually your phone should come back up ; just hope you don't have the roller ball sticking problem , or the letters lock that just happens and then it takes forever to figure out how to get rid of that.
    03-05-08 05:24 PM
    ok, i was reading everyones problems about the pearl giving the white screen. while i was reading all these posts, i was in the process of dismantling my pearl haha. i took everything apart and put everything back together and i put the battery back in before i put the screws back in and the hourglass came up. i was very excited. i held the battery in place and i put the 4 screws back in and tightened them down, i flipped the pearl back over and to my dismay, the screen had gone blank white again. for some reason the tightness of the top 2 screws had something to do with the blank white screen. once i loosened the screws a little the hour glass came back up and now my phone works great again. try it out guys.
    07-08-08 09:27 PM
    ok my husband had this same problem with his phone as well because he dropped the phone. It did come back to normal after a few days. I took the phone in but it's warranty ended in Jan so crap out of luck. anyway, I had 2 people tell me 2 different stories.
    1- the phone was wet *that wasn't true the phone has never been wet i think that is a cop out to all problems.
    2- when the phone was dropped it shorted out the screen which makes it not work.

the only way to fix is send it off and thats 150.00 SO my husband still uses it he just cant see who calls if he misses it or even if it rings. but it does come back after a few days. we are gonna wait til Jan of next year and get a curve i think.
    Good Luck
    Sarah

ok, i was reading everyones problems about the pearl giving the white screen. while i was reading all these posts, i was in the process of dismantling my pearl haha. i took everything apart and put everything back together and i put the battery back in before i put the screws back in and the hourglass came up. i was very excited. i held the battery in place and i put the 4 screws back in and tightened them down, i flipped the pearl back over and to my dismay, the screen had gone blank white again. for some reason the tightness of the top 2 screws had something to do with the blank white screen. once i loosened the screws a little the hour glass came back up and now my phone works great again. try it out guys.
    07-09-08 09:45 AM
    ok well this might sound crazy but, I had the same problem today, dropped my phone out of my back pocket and the screen has been white ever since. I later noticed that the phone still worked just not the screen. So I smacked the top of the phone really hard on my hand and then it worked again. Either there is a connector in there that go knocked loose or the mainboard shifted in the phone onto the screws and was shorting out. That's why loosening the screws worked it took away the short. Hope this helps someone, was never a member at Crackberry but thought I should register to post what I found.
    thanks
    01-03-09 08:56 PM
    Hey people!
    I've had the same problem: dropped my BB and the screen stayed white all the time, but the phone kept working.
    What I found on other sites is that the mini USB solder points (4) short-circuited the screen or something of the sort. What you have to do is open your Pearl (many tutorials online) until you reach the screen, which you unstick from the motherboard and cover the four solder points on the top of the mini usb (electric tape or other).

It worked like a charm for me, which I couldn't believe. Try it!

Kory
    05-21-10 07:41 PM
    I had the same problem on a bold 9000, i dropped it, tok the battery out and put it back in tried to reboot and nothing happened except the red LED went out and the screen went white, it even received messages while like this which is really irritating. i read throuogh this forum and fixed it accordingly, im not sure on the pearl but certainly on the bold, there is a piece of the circuit board which is accessable and visable next to the sim card. i just got a ball point pen and poked "stuff" next thing i know it worked. the board must have come loose and shifted it was onto a screw!
    07-07-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD