In the past week, my Pearl 8120 has turned itself off twice. Battery was at least at 50% charge. No attempts to hit the power button would restart the phone. The only way to get it back on was to do a battery pull. Any thoughts about what could be causing this? If this is a sign that my Pearl is going bad, that gives me an excuse to purchase a new BlackBerry, but ideally I was holding off for a few months in the hopes that T Mobile will finally introduce a 3G BlackBerry (the rumored Driftwood). Otherwise, I guess it will be an 8520.

Other odd behavior, while on a call a few days ago, all the sudden my phone started vibrating as if it was receiving another call, email, or text.
    08-25-09 04:48 PM
    I forgot to mention that the phone isn't that old either. My first pearl was purchased one year ago, however, at about 8 months old, the screen developed a problem....the adhesive glue was leaking into the screen. It was replaced under warranty but I assume it was replaced with a refurbished model, which I have now had for about 3-4 months.
    08-25-09 04:56 PM
    I got that too but I guess it's because I never shut it down and it's probably a memory leak or something like that. Has happened to me 3 times in 6 months.
    08-25-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD