I have had my pearl for a while and havent had any major issues. It recently froze up on me and Verizon was unable to get it running again so they gave me a new one. I either misplaced, or threw out the manual so I am unable to find the info I need.

The 2 items I am having trouble with are this. When I call my voice mail and try to enter my password, it enters all letters instead of numbers.
    when I look at my missed calls and messages, on my old phone if I clicked on the message it would automatically open it. Now it skas what I want to do, so I guess I am trying to eliminate that step.
    07-25-08 09:34 AM
    When you got the new phone did you make all the settings the same as far as you can remember from your old phone? Try the setup wizard and are if that can help you BC that never happened to me and I got Verizon as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 11:50 AM
    The 2 items I am having trouble with are this. When I call my voice mail and try to enter my password, it enters all letters instead of numbers.
    when I look at my missed calls and messages, on my old phone if I clicked on the message it would automatically open it. Now it skas what I want to do, so I guess I am trying to eliminate that step.
    On the first issue: I am assuming that you are in a call to your voicemail when this happens, and that the letters are appearing in the call screen below the connection status and contact info, am I right?

If so, do you see a little ABC icon there too? That would indicate that you are set in text entry mode, try hiting the alt key and see if that helps.

Also, FYI: you can set the phone to enter your VM password automatically. From the call log (green phone button), try this:

Menu key -> options -> Voice Mail.

You can save your PW there. I've heard that it doesn't work on some carriers though. YMMV.

07-25-08 02:13 PM
    The second issue is more of a stumper for me. When it asks what you want to do, what are your choices?

07-25-08 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD