Ok so i got my blackberry pearl today but im having serious problems already.Ok it says to access your contact list hold the send button which i did .. but none of my contacts are there??? Im pretty sure I did everything right i put my sim card in and then the gold battery. The weird thing is i typed in my sisters # called it and her name came up. I also checked my messages and my messages are there from yesterday and my buddies' name are there too. SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!

P:S How do i turn the pearl up to its max volume .. i was going through some of the ringtones and they are all pretty low to me.
    06-30-07 07:19 PM
    vol button is on right side top, fairly simple (Geico level); re: phone numbers - in your last unit, it wounds like alot of them were not saved to your SIM -just the unit. will likely have to reenter them all. But first - read the manual!
    06-30-07 07:58 PM
    ya i had this same issue with my pearl...i ended up having to re add my contact numbers but i didnt have to many anyway so it wasnt too bad. ya i think your old phone saved the info to the phone itself as mine prolly did as well. it does seem like something that reading the manual could help you avoid if you got a lot of numbers and its gonna be a hassle...maybe call you service and see if there's an easier way to do it.
    07-01-07 02:34 AM
    hmm no addresses come up in the address book but when i go to sim phone book all my numbers appear. Does anyknow how to keep my numbers in the phonebook instead of having to repeat this method over and over?
    07-01-07 11:48 AM
    All you have to do is goto adress open menu and select sim card and Load. Then save to adress book. You can all called your blackberry tech support with your carrier. I have tmobile and the walk you thouegg the steps.
    07-01-07 02:33 PM
    i had the same problem when I got my blackberry a few weeks ago.. The problem I found is when you create a new contact and save it dissapears.. solution ~ once you have added all the information wanted for the contact, hit the menu option ( the same button you hit to save ) and select catagories if will let you choose between personal and buisness, I always use personal then save it, it should go back to the contact information then hit menu and save it again.. you should now see the contact in the address book
    07-03-07 01:44 PM
    Run the setup and there is an import from sim card option somewhere in there.. if you need exact details let me know.
    07-06-07 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD