First I want to say I love this site. I learned so much about the pearl here before I got it, it made it real easy to use once I went to pick it up. The pearl saved me from having to move from phone to phone!!!!

I moved from treo 650, moto q, 6700, 700p, 755p then was just about to get the mogul when I heard about the pearl. My main thing is I have 3 email account that I need to get to all the time. Treo are great when they are not rebooting, but IMAP only work well with chattermail and you won't make a day with the battery drain. As with anyone, worried about the keyboard and never wanted to try a pearl, didn't like the 8830 cause of keyboard being so cramped. So happy I was wrong.

Love everything about this phone. everything. OS is great, calls are great, bluetooht works the way the h700 was suppose to, battery is fine for me.

The only thing I'm hoping is someone knows a way to do a speed dial to email address? I email my partner at least 50 times a day about orders, would loved to hold 5 and the email is ready. Anyone knows how to do this would help me a lot.

And sorry for the long post, just had to get it off my chest
    12-05-07 09:36 AM
    50 times per day? I'd recommend getting your partner a BlackBerry and using BlackBerry Messenger!

I don't think you can customize it to one address, but if you press the "C" key from the home screen, it asks you who it's going to and opens a blank e-mail.
    12-05-07 10:16 AM
    50 times per day? I'd recommend getting your partner a BlackBerry and using BlackBerry Messenger!

I don't think you can customize it to one address, but if you press the "C" key from the home screen, it asks you who it's going to and opens a blank e-mail.
    I recommend that too ... spread the addiction!!!!

and the "C" shortcut will only work if you have the dial from homescreen option turned off
    12-05-07 10:27 AM
    I don't see an option to disable dial from homescreen.

I went to Phone-> options-> general options -> but nothing to be found..
    12-05-07 11:45 AM
    I tried!!!! He's a Treo lover and can't give up all the palm apps he has loaded. Thanks for the advice, will look for the disable dial from homescreen. Any other shortcuts gained by this?
    12-05-07 12:25 PM
    Just found this, Hope this helps anyone that didn't know. Once again thanks for the tip!!
    other shortcuts if dial from homescreen is off:

M = Messages P = Phone A = Address Book
    L = Calendar C = Compose S = Search Messages
    V = Saved Messages T = Tasks D = Memo Pad
    R = Alarm F = Profiles U = Calculator
    O = Options K = Keyboard Lock
    12-05-07 12:29 PM
    ^ nice to know.
    12-05-07 12:36 PM
    But guys, do you know HOW to disable dial from homescreen? The shortcuts are different from the 8310! I can't find the option anywhere...
    12-05-07 01:17 PM
    Not sure where it is on the Pearl.
    On the Curve:

Open the phone app by hitting the green call button.
    Hit Menu>Options.
    Select General Options.
    Set Dial from home screen to No.
    12-05-07 01:26 PM
    Thanks rrrebo, but that option is not available on my 8130! Strange!

Can anyone else try to see if i'm missing something?
    12-05-07 01:54 PM
    It seems do to the keys, this is not an option on the pearl as I can't find it at all. I think with one key being 2 letters, the phone wouldn't know what shortcut you was trying to hit. Hope I'm wrong cause I could really use a shortcut to composing emails.
    12-05-07 02:51 PM
    Hmm, cannot seem to find it searching. Have you tried the onboard Help files? The should be detailed descriptions of options and keyboard shortcuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-07 03:04 PM
    the shortcuts I figured out in order to compose email:

If you have the "messages" icon highlighted:

Either press the ball or the enter key (<-) at the bottom right
    Press the "L" key (shortcut to compose new email)

Or you can assign one of the shortcut keys (left or right) to Messages:
    Go to Options | Screen/Keyboard | <Assign Convenience Key Opens: "Messages">

So to compose, press the shortcut key and press the "L" key (shortcut to compose new email)

You can find a lot of these shortcuts in the "?" icon
    12-05-07 11:04 PM
    Thanks, i don't need the camera shortcut so this will work for me.
    12-06-07 06:40 AM
    Congrats on your Pearl and enjoy it. I enjoy mine too son, so hope you love yours as much as I do.

JE
    12-06-07 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD