My Pearl is running super slow. Every time I try to do anything, the hour glass pops up and stays on for at least 30 seconds. I'm not low on memory, I just did 3 battery pulls. I'm not running any extra apps, I make sure to close them when I'm done. I've deleted all the apps I don't need. What can be wrong with my Pearl?

I'm still running the same 4.2 software that came with it. I just just don't why it's doing it! It just started doing this in the last 30 minutes. I need this BB to last until the Javelin comes out. Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 04:55 PM
    Did you check your file free to be sure? Using Facebook? New themes?
    11-19-08 05:06 PM
    File Free is well over 19****** bytes. I deleted the service book to Facebook, Handango and Trooper Typing. Other than the stock themes, I only have 2. I do have the MySpace app, could this be my problem? I know a lot of people on here have been having trouble with it.

11-19-08 05:14 PM
    I wouldn't say for sure it's myspace, but considering there isn't much else to suspect it's worth a shot...
    11-19-08 05:32 PM
    Gonna give it a shot then.

11-19-08 05:34 PM
    Ok, for some reason it worked. It also freed up 2****** bytes.

11-19-08 05:49 PM
    Plagued by not enough memory. It's like computers from the 1980 that only had 512kb of memory you know...
    11-19-08 05:51 PM
    I just don't understand why it worked. I was already running way more memory than I needed.

There's gotta be something wrong with the MySpace app itself. I did just download it yesterday.

11-19-08 05:56 PM
    new to the forums, trying to learn the was of the bb.. i dont know how but my device has added Myspace as well as flickr and i do not have accounts with either, and as well i cant find them in my app list under advanced options. My 8100 is working at a snail pace with every now and then the screen going completly white with the hourglass for about 2 minutes. Every time I try to do anything it gives me the hourglass for about 30 seconds. I have tried soft reset as well as pulling the battery numerous times a day but to no avail.
    help?
    12-01-08 02:25 AM
    I had a huge problem with the hour glass and having enough memory with the 4.2 OS.. When I upgraded to the .99 it made a huge differance.. I am running at like 28meg free space
    12-01-08 03:49 AM
    I have had similar problems until I went to 4.5.0.102 OS. It is much better now. One thing I noticed was that it seemed as if the network was downloading some info, and until I let it finish, all the battery pulls just extended the sluggishness. Example, ATT feels it needs to place a yellopages icon/program on my phone every couple months. I always delete it, and it always comes back.
    12-01-08 09:49 PM
    My BB is running slow to. It also doesn't ring when calls come in and its on phone only. It will tell me I missed a call and have a voice mail but there is no call in the call log or in the messages part where email and text come in at. Also my call log keeps disappearing. They have replaced my phone 3 times and no one knows why my phone log keeps going blank. Can anyone here help me? I don't know how to check my files like your talking about so if you could tell me step by step for that, maybe that would help. How do I get that typing trooper on the phone and some yahoo 3 crap? The phone just runs slow!! I am so tired of not know whose call I missed if they don't leave a message and taking the battery out is getting old. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by bridgettb; 12-01-08 at 10:14 PM.
    12-01-08 10:11 PM
    My BB is running slow to. It also doesn't ring when calls come in and its on phone only. It will tell me I missed a call and have a voice mail but there is no call in the call log or in the messages part where email and text come in at. Also my call log keeps disappearing. They have replaced my phone 3 times and no one knows why my phone log keeps going blank. Can anyone here help me? I don't know how to check my files like your talking about so if you could tell me step by step for that, maybe that would help. How do I get that typing trooper on the phone and some yahoo 3 crap? The phone just runs slow!! I am so tired of not know whose call I missed if they don't leave a message and taking the battery out is getting old. Any help would be great.

do you have pictures saved directly to the BB's memory?
    12-02-08 05:54 AM
    I feel you this is the 2d BB pearl 8130 I am running 4.5 my file free is 6646649 bytes... I do many many battery pulls a day and miss so many calls and half the time it takes forever just to text back... I have noticed my bb messenger messing up a lot too recently ... I am getting so mad!!! Got the first bb in June and got a replacement in Sept. I have some apps like myspace and facebook and games but what is the deal? Is it just the Pearl???? One of my friends went threw 6 pearls! before they upgraded her to a curve... this is ridiculous! I have alltel... which again not sure but i dont think that would be the prob.... any help would be appreciated!!! PLEASE... I dont get on here a whole lot so if any one wants to BB message me you can 31DFA795
    11-03-09 12:20 PM
    I feel you this is the 2d BB pearl 8130 I am running 4.5 my file free is 6646649 bytes... I do many many battery pulls a day and miss so many calls and half the time it takes forever just to text back... I have noticed my bb messenger messing up a lot too recently ... I am getting so mad!!! Got the first bb in June and got a replacement in Sept. I have some apps like myspace and facebook and games but what is the deal? Is it just the Pearl???? One of my friends went threw 6 pearls! before they upgraded her to a curve... this is ridiculous! I have alltel... which again not sure but i dont think that would be the prob.... any help would be appreciated!!! PLEASE... I dont get on here a whole lot so if any one wants to BB message me you can 31DFA795
    Yes and no. The pearl doesn't have much onboard storage to begin with. To make the answer short, it is clogged up by the apps and games you have installed. Think about how long ago the pearl was designed vs how recently the mobile app market has boomed.

Literally last Friday I wiped my device using jl_cmder and reinstalled atnt's latest os. I removed a bunch of unnecessary features including brick breaker. The only apps installed now are google maps, google sync, Facebook, Twitter, and bolt. Rarely seen the hourglass since compared to every hour before.
    Last edited by mad_eyes; 11-03-09 at 01:30 PM.
    11-03-09 12:38 PM
    I have had similar problems until I went to 4.5.0.102 OS. It is much better now. One thing I noticed was that it seemed as if the network was downloading some info, and until I let it finish, all the battery pulls just extended the sluggishness. Example, ATT feels it needs to place a yellopages icon/program on my phone every couple months. I always delete it, and it always comes back.
    I have the same problem with At&T putting the yellow pages on my Pearl. How do you remove this obnoxious program.
    Mitch
    03-08-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD