Hello. This is my first post and definitely not my last. I actually just bought my 8110 from AT&T the other day and started using it Tuesday night. Let me say one thing. I love it. My first smart phone and its an absolutely amazing phone. Now to my problem.

I bought an 8gb sd card of amazon since i read i believe on this forum that the newest BB software supports that size. So i put it in the phone and then my computer tries to format it, that doesn't work. It goes through the entire formatting process and once it reaches the end, it says "Windows was unable to format".
    Now, if i format the card by using the phones formatting tool, it works, and the camera recognizes it, but when i put it in my computer to put music and such on it, it doesn't work.

If i take the micro out of my phone, put it in my adapter and then insert into my computer, it formats. Then i added songs and such (about 700 which is gonna be shrunk down, just wanted to see if it worked). Now my ENTIRE phone is sluggish and it is extremely hard to navigate the phone.

Also if i try to use the Roxio Manager it doesn't even show the memory card.

If any one has a solution or maybe even a suggestion please let me know.

Thanks a lot and I already feel welcomed here.

Steve
    03-21-09 09:27 AM
    I never went through the process of formatting my card, I just popped it in and went on. I have a 4gig micro SDHC, I don't know how much difference the HC makes, but I have read that it does. Sorry to hear that your having so many problems.
    03-21-09 09:29 AM
    Any SD card over 2GB is HC. So, you both have SDHC cards.

I read of others to having problems with 8Gb's. Some had success letting it sit so the phone could index the contents.
    03-21-09 09:35 AM
    Any SD card over 2GB is HC. So, you both have SDHC cards.

I read of others to having problems with 8Gb's. Some had success letting it sit so the phone could index the contents.
    yeah see when it was 'scanning' it never finished. it would just stay all the way at the end and still look like there was 1% left.
    03-21-09 09:37 AM
    Did you try these steps?
    forums.crackberry.com/f79/micro-sd-cards-147897/#post1534628

Sorry, can't post links yet
    03-21-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD