Hey everyone,

Just got a used pearl 8100 off ebay for use with my existing sim card on contract (both same network vodafone).

I can receive and send SMS texts but not make or receive calls. I get a message saying 'Authorization failure' and then it goes back to main menu.

I have contacted vodafone who are in the process of updating my account to accommodate my blackberry use but say that from their end nothing is barred.

I have reloaded the OS to most recent version but this hasn't made a difference.

Any clues would be great?
    05-29-08 06:59 AM
    They need to speak with RIM. I suggest you call Vodafone back, and have them connect you with RIM to resolve the issue...

If you call RIM directly, you'll have to pay...
    05-29-08 07:11 AM
    Vodafone are going to send me a new sim card as they think mine is 'too old' to be recognized. That and they have said that when I get the new settings it will work.
    05-29-08 07:57 AM
    have bb 8100pearl...got it from ebay,,,was on O2 but unlcocked now
    i can send and recive messages..but cant make or recive calls..get this meesage...authorization failure...the phone has no it policy..any ideas? tryed so many things till now...nothing its working..
    08-31-08 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD