My aunt's pearl isnt keeping accurate time. Tried having it updating off the network. Both the actual screen, and the box screen on the outside of the phone. Also, sometimes when she gets a text, it moves it from the top to the bottom of the recivieved messages.
    11-17-09 06:08 PM
    Try a wipe and install the newest OS. If that doesn't work, sounds like a replacement might be in order. Get your service provider's data support people on the phone and troubleshoot with them. Chances are, if a clean new OS install doesn't work, she probably needs a new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:01 AM
    My aunt's pearl isnt keeping accurate time. Tried having it updating off the network. Both the actual screen, and the box screen on the outside of the phone. Also, sometimes when she gets a text, it moves it from the top to the bottom of the recivieved messages.
    Curious...when ya say Pearl...does she have the Flip or the original Pearl??

Before ya go straight to the new OS install...remember to first always do a battery pull. Then if no luck...you should try updating to the newest OS as IrocD mentioned.
    11-19-09 02:50 AM
    My curve had the same issue. It would not update on the display but was correct when ya went into the menu. After numerous attempts at fixing it I finally gave up. The techs at vzw said it was a hardware issue. However to this day I don't know what the issue was...moral of the story take it in before ya spend time beating a dead horse!

11-19-09 03:06 AM
    My curve had the same issue. It would not update on the display but was correct when ya went into the menu. After numerous attempts at fixing it I finally gave up. The techs at vzw said it was a hardware issue. However to this day I don't know what the issue was...moral of the story take it in before ya spend time beating a dead horse!

Before I would take my BB in or call a "tech" rep...I would update to the newest OS. It's easy and could very well solve your issue. From what I've read on these forums....users and reps are far too quick just to replace the device before trying an OS update...

That would be the first place I start after a simple battery pull.

Cheers!
    11-19-09 12:23 PM
    Curious...when ya say Pearl...does she have the Flip or the original Pearl??

Before ya go straight to the new OS install...remember to first always do a battery pull. Then if no luck...you should try updating to the newest OS as IrocD mentioned.
    FLIP pearl
    11-24-09 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD