I bought a Pearl from EBay to fix up for a friend. It had software issues and would shut itself down all the time. I reloaded the os and it stopped shutting itself down. I unlocked the phone and put my sim card in. The phone couldn't find the network. The sim card works in two other phones. The phone in question reads the sim card. I took the guts out of the phone and put it in a different 8100 housing in case it was the antenna. It didn�t fix the problem. All connections in the phone are fine. The unlock worked fine and I have done this many times. When getting the os I couldn�t find a free T-Mobile os so I used an AT&T download I�m not sure if this is an issue. The phone is a T-Mobile unlocked to be used with Rogers (I�m in Manitoba). Does anyone know of any other issues that may be causing this problem and could anyone send me a T-Mobile 4.5 os.
    Thanks for your time
    Ryan in Manitoba
    10-01-09 09:42 AM
    There is no difference between the T-Mobile and AT&T Device OS package. The internal branding will determine which carrier theme and carrier specific features, Favorite Five or Push to Talk, are installed. If you still want to download and install the T-Mobile package, there is no error checking done on the phone number they request.

If you are confidant the device is otherwise working, you have isolated the fault to the network radio hardware. There is not much more you can do about that.
    10-01-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD