Hey guys,

Long time listener, first time caller!

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I didn't know what keywords to use in a search!

I did something, and now the message inbox (for SMS and the like) is doing a few things wrong. It's showing me everything I do (calls made, that sort of thing). All I'd like it to do is show text messages and e-mails (both of which it does do) At the same time, the Caller History isn't doing a very good job of it. If someone calls, within an hour or so that information is gone.

Any thoughts? It's an 8100 by the way.

Thanks!
    06-25-08 08:48 AM
    After a little more research, I figured out the bit about my phone calls showing up in my Message Box, so that one's down.

As for the call's disappearing in my call log, it mentioned that usually means there's not enough space left. That being said, it says I have 8247104 bytes left which works out to 7mb. So I'm wondering if it might be something else?
    06-25-08 11:01 AM
    Try a battery pull first and see whether that solves your problem.
    06-25-08 11:06 AM
    After a little more research, I figured out the bit about my phone calls showing up in my Message Box, so that one's down.

As for the call's disappearing in my call log, it mentioned that usually means there's not enough space left. That being said, it says I have 8247104 bytes left which works out to 7mb. So I'm wondering if it might be something else?
    7mb is low and is the reason you are losing your info. Ideally you should have at least 12mb of file free at all times.

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!
    06-25-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD