I just got my 8100 and would like to see if anyone is using the GPS/map feature? It appears that you can add a GPS (bluetooth, I assume) receiver but I can't find any of them that list the 8100 as a compatible device.

Thanks for the feedback!
    02-28-07 10:42 AM
    You can add a bluetooth GPS puck to the Pearl and use BB Maps. Numerous people have done it. I can't point you to any one specific GPS puck to get, but as long as it's bluetooth, it should be discoverable by your Pearl.
    02-28-07 03:02 PM
    I have just connected my CoPilot GPS receiver to my Pearl, the maps immediately found my current position!

Very happy with this, as it gives me GPS, Email, everything I can think of!
    03-20-07 05:37 PM
    Glad to hear that! Welcome to crackberry.com!
    03-20-07 07:01 PM
    I have the Holux 240 Bluetooth GPS reciever and it works great with blackberry maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-07 08:57 PM
    Can anyone tell me a good cheap one to get for my Pearl? Or a website that lists a bunch that are compatible? Thanks!
    05-10-07 11:54 PM
    I actually bought one a while back, but never got around to using it. I was gonna sell it, until I discovered that I can use it with Google Maps now. Perhaps I'll give it a try this weekend....

Oh, the model I have is G-Sat (GlobalSat) BT-328. really nice and small, great reviews, and I found it for a decent price (can't remember which site tho...sorry)
    05-11-07 09:28 AM
    I am not much into technology, and my last phone was about 5 years old, this phone (pearl 8100) is great but I really don't know how to use most of its features. Does anyone know if there is any type of free downloads for maps where you don't have to be connected to the web?
    06-23-07 05:34 PM
    I have just connected my CoPilot GPS receiver to my Pearl, the maps immediately found my current position!

Very happy with this, as it gives me GPS, Email, everything I can think of!
    so wait! i've been looking at purchasing subscriptions to like telenav or wayfinder....

so do i NOT have to purchase anything other than the puck? (which would be freakin great)
    07-18-07 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD