what he is saying is some things can't be save to the memory card and the phone its self only has 64 GB of memory and the phone runs short of memory some times.
    Thank you, but what can't be saved to the card?
    05-22-08 10:57 AM
    Thank you, but what can't be saved to the card?
    you serious?
    05-22-08 12:06 PM
    The memory issue is the only thing that bugs me about the Pearl. Hopefully it'll get addressed in a future OS upgrade.
    bugs you? more like annoys me, supremely! this is like firestone tires to my ford... (kinda sorta)

does anybody disagree that this should be addressed first and foremost?

its silly its so bad..... embarassing for such a great device!
    05-22-08 12:13 PM
    The only time I've ever had to pull my battery was after installing or deleting a program or theme. I've restored my Pearl once because I accidentally messed the thing up myself. I don't see why everyone has such a problem with the phone. There are other options out there too.
    05-22-08 12:21 PM
    Daily battery pulls are not required for cell phones... Very true. But you are NOT using a cell phone. You are using a smart phone. These small computers can do about anything you need them too to manage your daily life. If you just want a cell phone, go buy a PHONE. We, here at CB love our pearls and have taken the short time we needed to to learn how to use them the way they are designed to be used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 01:42 PM
    I LOVE MY PEARL!! I don't any of the concerns that you have. So far I have no problems with my BB. Just the fact that I cannot do videos troubles me a little but that will soon be a resolved when I purchase the BOLD!
    05-22-08 02:25 PM
    People have the right. To expected a 500.00 phone to be bug free .now each one has to decide if they can live with bugs

05-22-08 02:30 PM
    I've had my pearl 8110 for about two months now and have had no problems at all! I charge my phone every 3-4 days. I've loaded up songs on my 1 gig card. Played videos, and used the GPS/Google Maps when traveling!

Loving the size as I use it as phone first, then as a work email tool...

Jay
    05-22-08 03:32 PM
    Answer to your question in the subject line: Nope.
    05-22-08 03:42 PM
    I love my Pearl. I couldn't live without it.
    05-22-08 03:49 PM
    I've had my pearl 8110 for about two months now and have had no problems at all! I charge my phone every 3-4 days. I've loaded up songs on my 1 gig card. Played videos, and used the GPS/Google Maps when traveling!

Loving the size as I use it as phone first, then as a work email tool...

Jay
    i am sorry but you are downright lying. EVERYBODY knows that with use, the phone lasts a day to a day and a half TOPS.

either you have an extended batt. or dont touch the thing for hours on end.
    05-22-08 04:11 PM
    People have the right to expected a 500.00 phone to be bug free .now each one has to decide if they can live with bugs

AGREED! why are we settling for the dumbest "bug" i have ever encountered in a "smart"phone
    05-22-08 04:14 PM
    People have the right. To expected a 500.00 phone to be bug free .now each one has to decide if they can live with bugs

Who paid 500 dollars for a pearl? lol

Mine was 300.
    05-22-08 06:36 PM
    you serious?
    Yes.

Mines got pictures, videos, ringtones, full mp3's, even txt files.

So what can't you save to your media card?
    05-22-08 06:38 PM
    Try apps genius.

I have:
    4 shortcuts (various newspapers)
    Facebook
    1 SMALL game
    NO preloaded pictures or videos
    NO extra languages
    NO BBM
    NO voice dialing
    2 themes
    All my pics and music stored on my mem card
    NO opera to eat precious memory

WTF? This phone can only hold that little? Downright embarrassing!

Why is everybody quiet? Speak up! Its quiet as a church in this....

Love the form, but the insides are shameful, to a degree.

05-22-08 11:45 PM
    Bottom line with this phone is that it is still very good for whatever you use it for. As a long time windows mobile user I was very used to rebooting having the phone lock up on me. I am a heavy business user and once I understood the memory issues I have not had one erased email or phone log. In todays world of Mp3 players the same size as this phone with 60GB of built in memory I think every phone should have way more memory than they currently do. But the market dictates this. There is way too many of us buying a ton of memory cards for all of our devices too make manufacturers change. The only thing I wish this phone did have was some sort of low memory warning. Than it would give you a chance to clear up some memory before you lost all emails and phone logs. Even the 1st windows mobile devices had this a long time ago. But I would never go back to windows. This phone is compact, has a fast operating system, does my corporate email and outlook, holds 6 movies and 200 songs on an easy to access memory card, has a pretty decent 2meg camera, takes voice notes, great sound quality, and has a great following with many people willing to share ideas and thoughts on how to make these even more usefull for our daily lives.
    05-23-08 01:13 AM
    i am sorry but you are downright lying. EVERYBODY knows that with use, the phone lasts a day to a day and a half TOPS.

either you have an extended batt. or dont touch the thing for hours on end.
    No he's not 'lying'. I regularly went 3-4 days between charges on my Pearl as well. Stock battery. On all day, used when I got messages or calls, some songs when on the bus, off while I sleep.

It IS possible, just because your's doesn't do it doesn't make everyone else liars.

Likewise, my Curve was charged in full yesterday. I played with it all night last night, it was off overnight, it's been on until now all day today, used it for emails, calls, and music off and on all day, and my battery is at 75%. Going into day 2 without a charge.
    05-23-08 01:36 AM
    Who paid 500 dollars for a pearl? lol

Mine was 300.
    *sheepishly raises hand*

It retails for $449.99 in Canada.
    05-23-08 01:39 AM
    Try apps genius.

I have:
    4 shortcuts (various newspapers)
    Facebook
    1 SMALL game
    NO preloaded pictures or videos
    NO extra languages
    NO BBM
    NO voice dialing
    2 themes
    All my pics and music stored on my mem card
    NO opera to eat precious memory

WTF? This phone can only hold that little? Downright embarrassing!

Why is everybody quiet? Speak up! Its quiet as a church in this....

Love the form, but the insides are shameful, to a degree.

Bramsy, I need to say this. Some of your comments to posters in this thread are borderline obnoxious, 100% rude and uncalled for.
    05-23-08 01:40 AM
    I love my 8130. Small enough to fit in my pocket when I go out. Big enough to watch movies on. Memory is manageable. Would like to see more out of the data team at Verizon. When I have had to call them I wind up explaining things to the rep. Like how software works. Gimme a break. But all in all I'm thrilled with the pearl. The curve seems just to big to hold in my hand to make phone calls.

05-23-08 01:47 AM
    The curve seems just to big to hold in my hand to make phone calls.

I thought so to...but surprisingly it's not. Now the Bold or the 8830 yeah...too big.
    05-23-08 03:07 AM
    i think that we all should remember to keep level heads on here and not be calling people names or liars we are here to help each other not to be putting each other down its just a phone folks and not worth running your blood pressure up over.
    05-23-08 05:28 AM
    Reenee I really do not care much about somebody's feelings on a forum of all things (yeah too much GTA). So the rude and uncalled for, most likely won't stop.

Isn't it strange that you will not argue about the major defects about this phone, instead telling me how wonderful your device is.
    And about your 2 day pearl experience, the USERS here cannot defend 3-4 day battery charges. I don't use the phone as often as most, and I have heard PLENTY of complaints about the battery. Hard to make an sediement when this site alone sells a plethora of extended batteries. And thanks for your Curve story in a Pearl related thread.

Jerry that needed to be said and thank you. I'm just heated that people act these devices are OK with a terrible memory leak problem AND no memory to save extra applications on this thing.

I'm done ranting for the day.

05-23-08 09:50 AM
    yeah we're ok cuz there are bigger things in the world to worry about than your pearl! if you don't like it get another kind of phone! no big deal!

are you really a 13 year old girl trying to cause drama on a friendly forum site??

we know your opinion, but since ours don't agree with yours, you tell us we're all wrong or stupid or ignoring the big problem!

to us, it's not that big a problem or we'd probably get different phones! that's the bottom line alright?

get over it.
    05-23-08 10:14 AM
    Consider it done for....

I advised everyone to play nice a few posts back...some listened...some did not...

Ya wanna rant..like I said before..fine....You wanna rave...fine...if ya wanna sit around and insult people...find another place to do it...CB forums are not it.
    05-23-08 10:24 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD