History on my Pearl keeps deleting everyday automatically. ideas?
    08-27-09 08:16 PM
    low memory?
    08-27-09 08:28 PM
    Yeah its low memory.

Backup everything using the desktop manager, then wipe your device, then load everything back up again.

That should do it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:51 PM
    If your not on 4.5 also update that.
    08-27-09 10:01 PM
    Definitely update to 4.5 but don't wipe your device. Search for Reed McLay's guide to free up file free memory. That what I did and ice never seen my BB run better. If post the link but I'm on my BB. Good luck!

08-27-09 10:37 PM
    Yeah, just periodically delete what you don't need. I hardly keep any messages around older than a day or two.
    08-28-09 07:10 AM
    Be sure you exit apps that you're not using. Run the Memory cleaner (options>>security>>memory cleaning). Clean out your inbox(es). Quickpull is a great app that simulates a battery pull. It's a small app, and there's a free verson. I used it every other day on my Pearl and it helped.
    08-28-09 05:30 PM
    I do all of those things, and read the how-to on freeing up memory...I have plenty of memory, a big memory card, and my phone still keeps erasing call logs and texts, once a week or more! This is getting ridiculous!!!
    09-03-09 10:50 AM
    Well, BB has a built in Memory Clean, to check this do:
    1. Open up your "Options"
    2. Choose "security options"
    3. Choose "Memory Cleaning"

--If memory cleaning is set to "enabled", then this is what may be causing your problem. To change it, just click on the word "enabled" and change it to "disabled", exit and save, and you should be good to go. Good luck!

09-03-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD