My mother has the pearl flip and has been having a problem. He has it through TMO and when someone sends her a email it takes about 15 minutes for that email to get recieved. I has the curve 8900 and my email is instant. I know users of crackberry are very smart and was wondering if this was normal for the pearl flip? Any help would be great because she uses the phone for work and quick responses are important.

Thanks
    Mike
    05-30-09 06:41 PM
    My email is pretty instant. Sometimes I'll have delays, but that happened with my curve as well.
    05-30-09 06:53 PM
    there not delays, 15 minutes later every time. When she bought the phone TMO said this would happen. Just think its to long of a wait for a email.
    05-30-09 06:56 PM
    what domain is it? @yahoo? @gmail? or is it her own company. If it's her own company, I believe emails are polled every 15 minutes, but if it's just a normal email address like @yahoo, or gmail or hotmail, then it should be instantaneous.
    05-30-09 07:21 PM
    Its her work email. What's polled mean? Its a coldwell banker address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 07:40 PM
    That means that the phone is going to check for email about every 15 minutes give or take a few.

I use a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).

Just becuase it is a BlackBerry doesn't mean that the push mail is instant. Push mail is nothing more than pushing the email to your device. In some cases it can be instant, in others... well.

When one uses the BlackBerry Internet Server (BIS) it has a delay on receiving the email. Before I went to the BES I would wait about 15 minutes for email, that IS normal.

I don't know if this would work, but it is worth a shot. Have her forward her work email to the devices email address. [email protected] (or whatever your carrier email address is). Again, don't know if this will help, but is worth a try.

msblueline
    05-31-09 05:45 PM
    Did she get it fixed?

Is her email still coming in at 15 minute intervals.

Has she tried to forward them to her device email.

Just thought I'd check back and see.

msblueline
    06-02-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD