Ok here's the story. I purchased an unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry 8100 Pearl refurbished from Factory Direct here in Canada last year. I put my SIM in and everything was fine. I am able to make phone calls and send text messages which was all I really needed. However I have come to need to get my email on my Blackberry. I tried and failed to get this to work and then gave up, until the iPhone came out. Now I am no fan of Mac anything but I figure it was the solution to all my problems. I purchased the iPhone and got the 6gig data plan. I lasted 2 days with the iPhone (that is a whole different rant), but I kept the 6gig package because I was told I could use it on my Blackberry. I have talked to Fido kiosk who told me to keep the 6gig and I could use it on my blackberry. I have talked to a very reputable wireless company here in Markham who told me I can't. I have talked to Fido Customer Service (oxymoron) and was told it wouldn't work. I tried to register at fido.blackberry.com and was told my PIN belonged to someone else. I called T-Mobile and was told it didn't. I called Blackberry who gave me the T-Mobile customer number and phone number that it was registered to. I called T-Mobile who said they have the customer but can't find the PIN. T-Mobile escalated the call and put me through to Blackberry who said that the PIN wasn't registered to anyone. AND then they said that because Fido doesn't support Blackberry Blackberry won't support connection issues with Fido (na na na boo boo). Blackberry also said that I can't use the 6gig plan, I have to use the Blackberry Connect plan that doesn't exist any more. Now I know what the next question is...Why don't I leave fido and save myself a ton of grief. CITY FIDO. I have the original City Fido which is the single best plan ever release in Canada.

Can somebody, anybody, please help! I just need an answer. I'm so dizzy from this it is ridiculus and I only have another day or 2 to cancel the 6gig plan without penalty. Sorry for the very long post but HELP!!!!!!!!

tarisea
    Last edited by tarisea; 08-19-08 at 04:01 PM.
    08-19-08 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD