1. salvadorian sausage schnitzel's Avatar
    i was using my 8130 verizon bb pearl with no problems until today. it did some sort of update, fried my phone and i had to get a new one.

NOW i cant get vista to recognize my phone when i connect it to the computer. its doesnt show up when i plug it into the usb port and dm says it cant find anything either.

ive tried to reinstall different versions of dm from 4.3 to 4.7, even busting out the old cd that came with my pearl.

please help. im about to throw this computer into the pit of despair from whence it came.
    03-05-09 03:42 AM
    I have Vista as well havent had any problems but I will try to help. I would try to uninstall the DM use the disk to reinstall the DM then restart your CPU. Then plug in your pearl and go to my computer and see if it came up as mass media storage device. Other than that I would say maybe try a different USB port. Maybe a battery pull on your phone then try to plug it into your CPU. And make sure that your pearl flashes that it is connecting to your CPU.
    03-05-09 06:41 AM
  3. salvadorian sausage schnitzel's Avatar
    thanks for replying. unfortunately, the cpu still isnt picking up my pearl. and its not the usb ports as they will pick up my camera, ipod, etc. i do notice that i do not have a bb device driver under usb ports even after i have done a new install of the dm software.
    03-05-09 04:35 PM
    Have you tried a different cable? For your phone to get fried through a USB connection something major had to have happened. I can't see an application sending any signals that could damage the hardware, but a worn USB cable crossing the data lines with either a ground or a 5V line could do some serious damage. The ports themselves would be ok as most computers have an overload detection and cutoff system that will reset them once the problem is cleared.
    03-06-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD