I have a Verizon Pearl, 8130. Its screen and sides and such have been getting a little scratched and it's battery cover is pretty scratched too. The chrome sidings are pretty scuffed and the track ball looks ultra dirty. I bought it second-hand, so don't blame me. But in order to prep for the Niagara release, I want to sell my Pearl, but no one would buy it in this condition.

Does anyone have links and such where I can find parts for my pearl? I haven't google searched or anything yet, but if someone could provide me links to good/specific parts I need? I want the outside to be all black with the silver buttons. Ebay is okay as well, that site usually has cheap things.
    05-26-09 02:14 PM
    Might wanna try Ebay.
    05-26-09 03:28 PM
    05-26-09 03:33 PM
    Hey thanks for that link that will help me later too maybe. Just never know.
    05-26-09 03:35 PM
    I've only ever seen the side rails in chrome and a darker chrome. I've never seen the rails in any other colors.

Both are available from cnn.cn, as well as many other parts. I bought a new housing for my 8130 on eBay for not much money. You just have to be careful if you're buying a non-standard color (I bought black, which is not a color offered of the 8130 in the US) that they keyboard is the right type. Most of the eBay postings I saw had pictures of the back side of the keyboard, so I knew it would fit. 8130 has a small lip for between the edge of the keyboard and the white rubberized contact pad underneath, 8110 and 8120 keypads do not have this.

Be careful if you're replacing the housing that you make sure to transfer everything from the old one. I forgot the earpiece speaker...and promptly went on vacation for a week the next day. That sucked.
    05-26-09 04:22 PM
    I was just looking at the parts and they don't seem to have the bottom part where it is labeled "Verizon." I'm trying to make my pearl all black....but thsi would really screw things up.
    05-26-09 04:24 PM
    Verizon doesn't offer the black Pearl, so they wouldn't have one that was Verizon branded.

Check eBay. You can get a complete housing, minus the internals, with an unbranded antenna cover (the bottom part).
    05-26-09 04:31 PM
    05-26-09 04:53 PM
    That would work perfectly, and they're the same seller I bought my casing from. Fast shipping and excellent CS (they forgot a piece, and sent it out the very next day after I told them about it via email).

Just for comparison, here's an 8110/8120 keypad. Notice the difference on the back? link
    05-26-09 06:00 PM
    The small lip is the first thing I noticed when comparing the two images.
    05-26-09 09:56 PM
    Exactly. The smaller lip on the 8110/8120 keypad will not fit on the 8130's internals. The reason for this is that the CDMA antenna is behind the keypad on the 8130, and I believe it is underneath that little bottom cover for the GSM models.
    05-26-09 10:14 PM
    so if i order a black housing for a 8110 or 8120 it will fit my 8130....only the keyboard will not work with cdma(verizon).

Other than the keyboard the casings are the same for all 3 pearls? Anyone know?
    07-23-09 11:13 PM
    Yes its all good I did a complete swap becuse of broken screen really easy to do the only Thing I recommend is to use the plastic tool they use to separate the clips keeps from scratching or breaking them and the driver is a T6 if I remember right . Good luck buddy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:37 PM
    There are lots of items on Ebay for the pearl, you just need to insure you put the right model number (8130) in the search.
    07-28-09 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD