I bought my boss a pearl this past week and the battery is dying in 12 hours or so. I have an 8820 and the battery lasts for a long time. I was thinking that it must be a faulty battery but I'm not sure. So my question is..12 hours of use shouldn't make the battery go dead right? She is not a big text'r she doesn't surf or play brickbreaker all day either. Any help is grealty appriciated!

David W.
    04-02-08 09:05 AM
    From my experience, texting or emailing or even browsing didn't seem to drain the battery too badly. For me long phone calls definitely takes a toll on the battery. Perhaps she's calling a lot of people?
    04-02-08 09:34 AM
    When I was using the original battery it would last a whole day of bb messenger and texting. I would have to charge it every night but it lasted a whole day now with my extended battery I hit 2 to 2 and a half days before a charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 09:38 AM
    My battery seems to die quickly also. I'm planning on buying the extended life battery. Maybe tell her to lower the brightness of her screen. That seems to help.

04-02-08 09:50 AM
    Complete discharge in 12 hours is def far below avg, even with moderate to heavy use.

Mostly likely causes:
    - bad signal area
    - apps running in background
    - defective battery
    04-02-08 10:16 AM
    Try the seidio battery. For me it last 4 days without problem.
    04-02-08 11:29 AM
    Watching videos or making calls all day are really the only thing that will drain a good battery that fast.

An other vote for the extended battery.

04-02-08 03:51 PM
    I think the battery life on the Pearl is great compared to other phones I have had that would barely make it 4-6 hours with the amount I use it. I'm signed into JiveTalk and on my browser all day at work and it always lasts a full work day. I do have a charger at my desk just in case but I really don't even need it there
    04-03-08 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD