Hello all,

I have put a Tesco PAYG sim card into my Blackberry Pearl 9105 and can get calls and texts fine. I can't get on to the internet using the Browser or Opera Mini. Opera Mini says 'Connection Failed - Unable to connect, please review your network settings.' App World says 'Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again.'

I get the same error messages when on a strong 3G signal or WiFi.

Model: Pearl 9100/9105.

When I connect the phone to Windows 10 laptop with Blackberry Desktop Software and look in Tools > Mobile Internet Settings the profile listed is Orange UK who were the original providers when I got this phone a few years back. Tesco Mobile does not appear as an option in the drop-down. Is there where I should be making some settings changes?

Thanks in advance!
    10-08-20 07:11 AM
    It requires a BIS service with your carrier.... few offer it these days. Does TESCO?

If not you'll be limited on what it can do.... The Bold Explorer
    10-08-20 11:55 AM
    As Dunt says you need a subscription to BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) which the old BBOS devices relied on for Internet access. Including access to the app store BlackBerry World. Without it you will only get calls and texts. Nowadays however few providers offer BIS. Tesco mobile is relatively new so I doubt they will offer it but check with them.
    10-08-20 05:09 PM
    It seems that Tesco turned it off a few years ago! Doh! Does anyone know of a UK pay as you go SIM which does have BIS service? Might be a bit of a long shot!
    10-17-20 04:49 AM
    It seems that Tesco turned it off a few years ago! Doh! Does anyone know of a UK pay as you go SIM which does have BIS service? Might be a bit of a long shot!
    Contact each provider directly to get answer. Keep in mind, some CSRs may really not understand or know the correct answer. Four years ago, I walked into AT&T here and was told BIS no longer offered. Activated Torch 9860 and when SIM inserted, BIS was automatically provisioned.

You’re right on the PAYGO side that’s it’s a long shot. Good luck.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/c...you-go-bundles
    10-17-20 11:58 AM