I have a pearl 9100 and am wondering if its possible to use its ability to connect to my home wireless network as a wireless card for connecting my pc to said wireless network. not trying to use it as a tethered modem because data rates are too expensive, and dont want to buy a wireless card for my pc.
    thanks.
    12-01-11 10:51 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have a minute, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

So you'd think this would be possible, but no it isn't. You can use DM to tether, but you're using wireless service as you mentioned.

"Mobile Hotspot" functionality will be included in OS 7.1 whenever the various OS7 devices get that update. No Mobile Hotspot love for the OS6 device though, sorry.
    But again, Mobile Hotspot works with wireless service.

You'll need to buy a Wi-Fi card or ideally a Wi-Fi dongle that you can just plug into one of your PC's USB ports.
    Hope you can work it out.
    12-09-11 05:07 PM
    sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the answer. roomate and I just moved the wireless router to my room and connected pc with an ethernet cable.
    12-16-11 10:02 PM
    Perfect!
    Sometimes simplest solution is best.
    12-27-11 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD