My wifes phone's battery will go low. When we plug it up, it will cut off and a stale red LED light will stay on. Then a "no battery" icon will show up on the screen. You have to hold down the power button for 30 secs for it to go away and reboot. But if you move the power cord it will start the process all over again.
    Any ideas what it could be?? I am thinking about taking it back to Sprint... we have insurance.
    10-30-08 06:16 PM
    It sounds like you have a defective charger. If you haven't already, try one of your other wall chargers. If that doesn't fix it, it may be a bad battery. You could try a different battery. I don't know if the 8130 and 8310 batteries are interchangeable or not. Lastly, it could be a defective charging circuit in her phone. If it's more than 30 days but less than a year old, you can get it replaced with a refurbed phone, without filing an insurance claim. RIM warrants all BlackBerries for a year.
    10-30-08 10:16 PM
    Mine does the same thing I have had my phone replaced my battery replaced but not my charger my local phone company is a pain to deal with they are never willing to help you its AllTel
    10-30-08 10:42 PM
    So I just got my bbpearl8130 like 3 days ago, I make one phone call and I've already lost a battery bar, on my old phone the katana I could go 3 days without charging it and it wouldn't even lose a bar. What's up with this phone? I barely use it and something is draining the battery!?
    01-04-09 10:08 AM
    You should expect to charge your blackberry much more often than your old phone. Because of everything the bb can do, it drains the battery more quicky than less advanced devices. Even if you have had only made one call, your pearl is constantly sending and receiving data and you might not even know it. Whenever you see the little arrows in the top right corner this is what's happening and it uses battery life, along with everything else the phone is capable of. To increase battery life, try putting your bb on sleep mode by pushing the button on the very top. I use this feature when I still want my bb on but I know I'm only going to use it if I get a message or phonecall, or if I know I'm not going to be able to charge it for a while. It helps a lot, especially on the rare occasion that I forget to charge it. By the way, I usually have to charge my pearl every night, but I'm a very heavy user :>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 02:48 PM
    I'm having some recharging issues with mine as well. Unlike the original poster, I'm unable to get any connection via wall charger or car charger. I am, however, able to charge just fine via USB to my computer. I've looked at the miniUSB and all pins seem to be fine. The wall charger is a factory blackberry one, the car charger is an off brand that was included with the phone, and the USB sync cable is motorola branded(but all my other miniUSB cables seem to work just fine as well). I'm running OS 4.5.0.77

The company I bought the phone from (via eBay as a refurb) has sent another wall charger and it should be here within a few days. But if I continue to have these problems does anyone have any suggestions on what may cure them? Maybe I'll just break down and buy a dock for it with the next paycheck...

~Dan
    01-04-09 09:34 PM
    It sounds like your wall charger is defective. If a USB cable can charge your phone, a good wall charger can also. USB and car chargers are usually less reliable chargers than wall chargers, USB because not all computer USB ports comply with the USB power spec and car chargers because they are usually cheaply made and have to deal with a noisy power supply. A wall charger is normally the most reliable and fastest way to charge your phone.
    01-04-09 10:06 PM
    So I just got my bbpearl8130 like 3 days ago, I make one phone call and I've already lost a battery bar, on my old phone the katana I could go 3 days without charging it and it wouldn't even lose a bar. What's up with this phone? I barely use it and something is draining the battery!?
    Make sure you actually 'exit' applications you aren't using rather then just backing out of them with then end call button. If you hold the shift key in the bottom left cornor and press the back button it will show all the applications running in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD