I have a pearl 8130 through Verizon. It has started dropping text messages. I can see them come in and then they are gone without a chance to read them. Is this a common problem and if so what do I need to do to fix it. It is getting very aggravating. I have tried taking out the battery and reseting the phone but it still happens. Just looking for a little help. Thanks in advance.
    08-17-09 07:14 PM
    I have the same phone bought it in January of this year, no problems like that yet, as a matter of fact, I have no problems at all with mine.
    08-17-09 07:30 PM
    Sounds like a memory issue.. try deleting old texts and emails/messages, then do a battery pull.
    08-18-09 09:58 AM
    is it only deleteing SMS or any other types of messages?

generally, if you run out of free memory on the phone, it starts to automatically delete messages to make space for the programs to run properly.

How to increase file-free memory
    try some of these options and see if that helps.
    08-18-09 10:04 AM
    An easy option to keep memory leaks under control is the program quickpull, you can set it up to restart your phone like once a day at 3 AM or whatever time you specify, which will give you back some of the memory you lose throughout the day. Works well.
    08-20-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD