i recently got my wife a pearl 8130 and its givin her some greif. it locks up all the time, does not receive text messages and wont let her into her contacts. has anyone else had these problems or should i just get her another new bb? any help would be great.
    06-14-09 09:21 PM
    My 8130 runs great, but you need to keep in mind that it has less memory than other bb's. Has she installed many apps? I have found that if I use a big app (or a memory intensive one) that I can have that app only, also themes use up more memory than you'd think. At any rate, I'm no pro, but first I would do a battery pull and see where her memory is at start-up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 09:32 PM
    she has no apps on it, has maybe 10 pictures and no music. ive done a pull a few times but with the same results. im at a loss with this thing.
    06-14-09 09:36 PM
    tc what is the file free memory at on the pearl? Go to options>status and post that number here...
    06-14-09 09:38 PM
    it says 4091009 bytes file free.
    06-14-09 09:42 PM
    As suspected that is the problem, well for starters anyway. The device only has 4 MB file free. Way below the recommended 10 or 12 to run properly. You need to uninstall any apps/themes that don't get used. Also pics that are being saved should be on a media card, not the device memory. Use the memory optimization link in my signature to help increase file free memory...
    06-14-09 09:45 PM
    Btw, I did the memory optimization iceman is referring to, and it worked great, when you read the instructions it might seem complicated (did to me anyway), but once you start it's easy, just follow the steps and you'll be fine. I got rid of a bunch of stuff I never used and I put all pics and music on a media card, now my pearl is the most reliable device I've ever had.

06-14-09 09:51 PM
    Btw, I did the memory optimization iceman is referring to, and it worked great, when you read the instructions it might seem complicated (did to me anyway), but once you start it's easy, just follow the steps and you'll be fine. I got rid of a bunch of stuff I never used and I put all pics and music on a media card, now my pearl is the most reliable device I've ever had.

Yeah it is an awesome How To and it is not hard as you said.
    06-14-09 09:53 PM
    ill try it thanks
    06-15-09 12:46 AM
    My first Pearl did the same. All and it would freeze a lot. I'd have to take the battery out almost daily. I took it to Verizon in the first 30 days and swapped it out. Have had no probs with current phone. Also the Quickpull app helps I've noticed. I like it.
    I realize it doesn't help much if you're past your 30, but I'd go in and talk to them and see if you can work something out. Remember retail people don't like scenes. Keep badgering if you have to.
    06-15-09 08:21 PM
    Let us know how it goes!

06-15-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD