Can any one please help I'm getting a 507 and a icon on the 8130 screen and can't even start the phone it freezes and can't go any further...
    Thanks...
    06-04-09 03:05 PM
    your OS got corrupted somehow and needs to be reinstalled.

try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/error-507-a-96313/
    06-04-09 03:27 PM
    your OS got corrupted somehow and needs to be reinstalled.

try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/error-507-a-96313/
    Done that been there still 507 with circle in the middle...deam I'm getting fustrated been on this since this morning 6am... any other ideas??
    06-04-09 04:33 PM
    did you follow all the instructions? That should fix. If not, is the phone still under warranty? insurance replacement?
    06-04-09 04:39 PM
    yea I did follow all instructions...and no the phone isn't under warranty..I bought it on Ebay, when i went to upgrade the phone this happend...
    06-04-09 05:15 PM
    Was it working before? Maybe it was a POS that someone sold you? If it was, I would try going a step further - completely wipe with jl commander or Crackmem and try reinstalling the OS again. Should be able to get it back up and running...
    06-05-09 08:59 AM
    The good news is, that is a normal error message and simple to correct.

You mention the error occured while trying to upgrade. Were you using your carriers web based upgrade or were you using the manual install method?

The web based upgrade could have experienced a network error, the solution is to upgrade it manaully.

First step, open Windows Control Panel / Programs. Do you have both BlackBerry software packages installed? There should be one for BlackBerry Desktop Software and a second for BlackBerry device software.

If the device software is not present, you need to download and install it before you can continue.

If it is present, there is a security file that controls which carrier and device it will install to. It is there to insure you only use your approved carrier software, but is simple to defeat.

Navigate too: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file Vendor.xml.

That should allow the install to proceed.
    06-05-09 09:47 AM
    The good news is, that is a normal error message and simple to correct.

You mention the error occured while trying to upgrade. Were you using your carriers web based upgrade or were you using the manual install method?

The web based upgrade could have experienced a network error, the solution is to upgrade it manaully.

First step, open Windows Control Panel / Programs. Do you have both BlackBerry software packages installed? There should be one for BlackBerry Desktop Software and a second for BlackBerry device software.

If the device software is not present, you need to download and install it before you can continue.

If it is present, there is a security file that controls which carrier and device it will install to. It is there to insure you only use your approved carrier software, but is simple to defeat.

Navigate too: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file Vendor.xml.

That should allow the install to proceed.
    I tried all the above and still giving me the error507 would you have any alt.
    06-14-09 01:30 AM
    I had this happen to me when I was trying to upgrade to 4.5
    What I had to do was delete the Vendor file and click on the app installer again. Basically follow the instructions in the above post.
    Here is a link to the exact steps to install the upgrade:
    1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    Last edited by Maloneyyy; 06-14-09 at 08:39 AM.
    06-14-09 08:36 AM
    I tried all the above and still giving me the error507 would you have any alt.
    Please answer this question to determine if you have really followed the instructions.

What is the name of the last file in the directory:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader ?

I suspect you may have missed some steps.
    06-14-09 11:30 AM
    Please answer this question to determine if you have really followed the instructions.

What is the name of the last file in the directory:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader ?

I suspect you may have missed some steps.
    The last directory is as follows:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    rimprogram.dll
    06-14-09 12:09 PM
    I've got the same 507 error. After removing the vendor.xml file i get this message when I try to load the OS.

"The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device."
    06-14-09 06:28 PM
    The last directory is as follows:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    rimprogram.dll
    Thanks, that confirms you do have everything installed correctly.

The next suspect is the automatic check for update in BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you are using v4.7, you can deselect the option. v4.6 has a similar option that should be disabled.

Finally, there is likely a second copy of vendor.xml created when it was allowed to check. Use the advanced search command to find and delete them.
    06-14-09 08:19 PM
    I've got the same 507 error. After removing the vendor.xml file i get this message when I try to load the OS.

"The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device."
    That is normal, enter the device password of leave it blank if none is in effect. You will need the password to upgrade, if you don't know it, you can not install any software.
    06-14-09 08:21 PM
    I know my password but can't enter it as all I can get to is error 507.
    06-14-09 08:44 PM
    Thanks, that confirms you do have everything installed correctly.

The next suspect is the automatic check for update in BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you are using v4.7, you can deselect the option. v4.6 has a similar option that should be disabled.

Finally, there is likely a second copy of vendor.xml created when it was allowed to check. Use the advanced search command to find and delete them.
    Your welcome...i've tried the evrything still no luck... there's no other vendor.xml files..I'm starting to give up, and i'm not like that...god please help.
    06-15-09 12:07 AM
    This problem never got resolved...still have this error message, I've put this pearl to rest and took a lost..if any one ever finds an answer to this please let me know...Thanks!
    07-25-09 10:10 PM
    This problem never got resolved...still have this error message, I've put this pearl to rest and took a lost..if any one ever finds an answer to this please let me know...Thanks!
    Don't give up JohnnyBoy, here's your answer. Go down past the new BBM section to the area in all red starting with "Wipe Process". You'll find the 411 on how to get your OS loaded on your device again.

07-26-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD