Ok, I'll start with what seems to be the most common question on these types of threads, my pearl has been underwater. I got it out within probably a second and a half of it being in the water and immediately took out the battery and let it dry for a few hours, then I hit it with a blow dryer until the screen quit fogging up, probably ten minutes or so. That was a few weeks ago, and the only problem I had was the trackball would sometimes be a little stubborn and wouldn't click on an icon unless I pressed it just right, but even that cleared up. Now, a couple days ago I take my phone out of my pocket, and none of the keys work, not even the side keys. I tried taking out the battery for a while, but it didn't help. I took the phone apart and thoroughly cleaned all the contacts with alcohol and then a contact cleaner/connection performance improver, and the trackball started scrolling again, but no clicking, and still no other keys work. Nothing on the inside looked anything more than a little funky from being in my pocket, and it's all clean now.

I'm baffled, what do I need to do?

As a side note, I find it a little strange that the power/end call button works to turn the phone on, but doesn't work after that (or does the phone automatically power on when you replace the battery?)...

Help Please!
    08-03-09 02:40 PM
    Well that really sucks. Mine went right away after I dryed it. I would try drying it again and you can always replace the keyboard membrane. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 03:39 PM
    Oh and btw the phone does automatically turn itself on after a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD