I'm new to the Pearl and have a pretty lame question to ask. What icons and do I really on my desktop. It seems pretty cluttered and I rarely use most of them. Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks in advance,
    vizcutter
    01-29-08 03:16 PM
    I'm new to the Pearl and have a pretty lame question to ask. What icons and do I really on my desktop. It seems pretty cluttered and I rarely use most of them. Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks in advance,
    vizcutter
    Not sure what Telus comes with for themes, but if you look in Options>Themes there might be one call "something"zen. It puts only 6 icons on your home screen to the left. Then Open the application screen, and there you can move the five you use most to the top.
    01-29-08 06:01 PM
    Hi Viz,

I'm also with Telus and I'm just decided to 'hide' some icons on my desktop. So th more useful are kept showing. I'm only using facebook, internet browser, bb maps opera and bb messenger.

By the way you can hide an icon by pressing the menu key.
    01-29-08 06:28 PM
    The icons you really need are whichever ones you use all the time. Only you can answer that question.

There are a couple of things you can do to get the rest out of the way. First of all, highlight a icon you seldom use and click menu and Move. You can move it down to the bottom where it's less accessible. Also, using the menu button, you can hide ones you don't use much. You can always click Menu > Show All when you need them.

Finally, you can add a folder and move the rarely used icons to a folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-08 06:29 PM
    Finally, you can add a folder and move the rarely used icons to a folder.
    And to take it one step better, Hide that folder too.
    01-30-08 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD