About a month ago my ball stopped clicking. So I took the ball out and cleaned the inside hole and ball out really good. Still wouldn't click. So, I ordered a new ball installed in into the pearl STILL WON'T CLICK!!!! You guys have any ideas?
    03-23-09 06:05 PM
    None here. Unless, of course, you have your trackball set to mute under options->screen/keyboard.
    03-23-09 06:20 PM
    About a month ago my ball stopped clicking. So I took the ball out and cleaned the inside hole and ball out really good. Still wouldn't click. So, I ordered a new ball installed in into the pearl STILL WON'T CLICK!!!! You guys have any ideas?
    Click as in, wont select apps or the sound?
    03-23-09 06:38 PM
    I had the same problem i am also a verizon carrier. The only way to get it back is to go a verizon store if they have the phone instock you get a new one just use your old battery if they dont have the phone in stock they will ship you one Fed Ex. you can click on things by doing the long version as i call it
    if you are txting to send you can hit the enter button it is the key under your DEL button and it gives you the option to send. Getting a new ball will not solve the problem and having it on mute wont give you a sound. If you can send things and go to apps then go into your phone and set the trackball to click if that works your all gravy if it doesnt then head to a verizon store and ask about your options in getting another phone. If they charge you for the phone dont let them unless you dont have insurance on it. Hope this helped
    03-24-09 03:06 PM
    same goes for me. it scrolls, but wont select :/
    03-24-09 11:42 PM
    i got that to..i just took my phone apart and srub it good with a tooth brush and it some what works now
    03-25-09 03:02 AM
    can you explain how exactly you did this? i thought you can't take the copper thing off?
    03-25-09 06:24 PM
    So, have you figured out what is going on with your Pearl yet?
    03-25-09 06:26 PM
    Had mine a couple of months, no problems yet, hope none arise.
    03-25-09 06:43 PM
    I had the exact opposite problem lately lol. My pearl was clicking when I wasnt pushing it. Take it to the store...if they can't fix it they will give you a new one if your under warranty and if you aren't it will cost you 50 bucks for a new one !

03-25-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD