i am new to blackberry the uscc pearl 8130 is my first smart phone. i have been trying to cut the vibrate & ringers off and just use a ringer and every time i think that i have figular it out and cut the vibrate off then i will get a message from my email and the thing will vibrate and ring again instead of just ringing .
    05-01-08 09:16 PM
    Go to profiles advanced highlight the profile you are using hit the menu button then edit. Edit all of the settings then hit the menbu button then save
    05-01-08 09:22 PM
    Hi Jerry, This can be really confusing for a noob!! Here are step by step directions that I sent to someone else a couple of days ago and it helped her. Good luck!! Stick around Crackberry - you'll be helping others before long!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Let's use the profile "Normal" for example. Starting from the Home Screen these are the exact steps to reset your ringers to ring only. (By select I mean click the roller ball, by menu button I mean the button just to the left of the roller ball).

1. Scroll to profiles and select

2. Scroll down to advanced (last option) and select

3. Scroll to "Normal" and push the menu button

4. Scroll to "Edit" and select

5. Scroll through the items (Browser, calendar, Messages, MMS, Phone, SMS, ect.) and select each, one by one.

6. Once you've selected an item to change you can modify the option next to Out of Holster and In Holster to Tone.

7. To do this, select the option, scroll to the option you want (Tone) and select. (The option Vibrate+Tone will cause the phone to vibrate a set number of times and THEN ring. It will NOT vibrate and ring at the same time.)

8. Once you have everything set the way you want just push the escape or back button (the button just to the right of the pearl with a curly arrow.

9. Choose "Save" and you will be all set!!!

10. Push Escape/back button until you are back to the home screen.
    05-01-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD