Hi all,

I have the pearl 8120 and despite having 25.92 available memory, I am still loosing the call log and sms messages. Now, I know that this will happen if memory goes below 10, but mine is never usually below the 25?? I have no 3rd party apps on the phone either, and my settings are to save the messages "forever". Is there another reason this may be happening other than low memory? Any help is appreciated!
    08-16-08 06:12 AM
    I've not heard of any other reason for losing the call log and SMS messages. What is your File Free at the moment, all digits, not rounded?
    08-16-08 08:29 AM
    File Free at the moment is 3262520. Which is usually the same all the time because I have nothing really on the phone. I'm not taking up much memory. Yet, this has happened 3 different times now and the settings are to save "forever" so I can't see why this would happen. Thanks!
    08-16-08 09:05 AM
    Unless you made a typo, 3 262 520 bytes is an extremely low file free amount, which explains your problem. You should keep file free above 12 000 000 bytes.

You need to perform the Stoner procedure that is linked in my sig. That will solve your problem.
    08-16-08 09:09 AM
    Wow, I can't believe that the file free would be so low with no other apps on there. I guess I better start deleting the blackberry apps I don't use. Thanks!!
    08-16-08 09:20 AM
    Wow, I can't believe that the file free would be so low with no other apps on there. I guess I better start deleting the blackberry apps I don't use. Thanks!!
    Don't just start deleting. Follow the Stoner Procedure. It'll be a lot easier and you can recover if you make a mistake. Blackberries come with a lot of preloaded stuff (wallpaper, sample video, etc.) that you don't need and may never have even noticed. That's why your memory is so low out of the box. Stoner will take care of all that for you.
    08-16-08 09:28 AM
    Well, I deleted all of the chat programs it comes with that I don't use, i.e., AIM, Yahoo, etc. And a couple of big pics I had on there and then I did a battery pull and now I have 17,442,804. Much better! Thanks.

By the way, I have a Mac so I can't use blackberry desktop like intended, I have to use that awful Pocket Mac.
    08-16-08 09:46 AM
    You should not really have any pics on your berry. Best thing to do is get a memory card and move all pics ring tones songs etc to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 09:49 AM
    Well, I deleted all of the chat programs it comes with that I don't use, i.e., AIM, Yahoo, etc. And a couple of big pics I had on there and then I did a battery pull and now I have 17,442,804. Much better! Thanks.

By the way, I have a Mac so I can't use blackberry desktop like intended, I have to use that awful Pocket Mac.
    Ok, I understand. You need a friend with a PC to do the one-time Desktop Manager stuff in Stoner, but you're a lot better at 17MB than you were at 3MB! SuperAJ is correct as well. If you don't have a media card, get one for your pictures, etc. You can do that with a Mac without needing a PC.
    08-16-08 09:52 AM
    Clear your browser cache as well from time to time by scrolling to Browser>cache operations>clear your cache and cookies...
    08-16-08 10:03 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    08-16-08 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD